What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

why the engine is still f----cked and you have a mess to clean
If an oil line lets go and you quickly kill the engine, its fixable. If you lose pressure because your oil pump turned into shrapnel, not so much.

I'm guessing you are beyond this, but worth mentioning as a long shot - check the connection on your oil pressure sensor. I had a loose one on a Mastercraft with an Indmar 5.7, and saw 0psi while I was pulling the kids tubing - that scared the crap out of me...

Last edited:
If an oil line lets go and you quickly kill the engine, its fixable. If you lose pressure because your oil pump turned into shrapnel, not so much.

I'm guessing you are beyond this, but worth mentioning as a long shot - check the connection on your oil pressure sensor. I had a loose one on a Mastercraft with an Indmar 5.7, and saw 0psi while I was pulling the kids tubing - that scared the crap out of me...
No nothing obvious just 50 psi of oil to 0 pdi in about 20 mins,I ran it in the driveway for a good 40 mins the day before with no drop, just seem so strange imnot sure if maybe it's the wrong oil pan or the sump length is wrong or just a faulty pump but aside from the intake tube falling because it wasn't welded ill not know till I pull it out ....Again!!!

No nothing obvious just 50 psi of oil to 0 pdi in about 20 mins,I ran it in the driveway for a good 40 mins the day before with no drop, just seem so strange imnot sure if maybe it's the wrong oil pan or the sump length is wrong or just a faulty pump but aside from the intake tube falling because it wasn't welded ill not know till I pull it out ....Again!!!
did i gradually loose psi?

once the coolant temp has reached it running temps, then oil temps will rise, if if gets too hot you will start to loose oil pressure.
best thing to do is cut the filter, if it is clean drain out the oil put in new 15w40.
Removed the oil filter cut it open it doesn't have any shrapnel in it the oil does look burnt the only other thing I changed after the rebuild was installing the new pertronix distributor I wondered if it had eaten the cam gear but there should be metal in the filter

Removed the oil filter cut it open it doesn't have any shrapnel in it the oil does look burnt the only other thing I changed after the rebuild was installing the new pertronix distributor I wondered if it had eaten the cam gear but there should be metal in the filter
what weight oil did you have in it?

Picked up a JRC radar system from marketplace for a super good price from an older gentleman has an astonishing 43 hours on it older unit but works perfect and pretty mint shape I’m happy with it I do plan on upgrading in a few years but this will work just fine for now better to have something than nothing I figure.
1719416720637.png

New springs for the trailer. Maybe they didn’t need to be done, but not knowing the life of the trailer I feel better about trailering more than 5kms from home.

Like kaelc, I’ll also in the market for an impact gun, now. 12 years of rust on the bolts, my arms are killing me.

Attachments

• 47D4300A-5D67-42A5-935C-D9120F585F1F.jpeg
    47D4300A-5D67-42A5-935C-D9120F585F1F.jpeg
    371.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 6CAAA298-A9A6-4E4B-BF67-14E9F787723A.jpeg
    6CAAA298-A9A6-4E4B-BF67-14E9F787723A.jpeg
    510.6 KB · Views: 15
Back