trailing hook

Yote, No need to learn a new knot. Slide your first hook on and attach your rear hook with a snell loop.
The front is then snelled on with a separate length of lighter test line which permits it to slide up and down the line.
This set up solves two problems
- you can always adjust the length according to the bait size
- fish bitting the lead hook slide down to the rear, thus hooking twice.
I will try and find an illistration for you and will post if I can find a good one.

boc

Thanks Blueorca,

There's a knot I've never used before. I'll try it.

A couple of questions:
1) How easily does the leading hook slide back?
2) What size line do you use? (lighter or heavier than the trailing hook line/leader)

Cheers,
Alex

... "high water" is when you can fish from your car.

Thanks Blueorca,

There's a knot I've never used before. I'll try it.

A couple of questions:
1) How easily does the leading hook slide back?
2) What size line do you use? (lighter or heavier than the trailing hook line/leader)

Cheers,
Alex

... "high water" is when you can fish from your car.

:) Cool idea. Thanks, Blue.

Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

:) Cool idea. Thanks, Blue.

Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

Hers something else for you. you get yourself a pair of reading glasses and a fly tying bench clamp. Then your wraps look real purty.

Hers something else for you. you get yourself a pair of reading glasses and a fly tying bench clamp. Then your wraps look real purty.

What about this. a couple of years ago a sooke "bait boy" gave me a couple wire rigged teaser heads that had the trailing hook fishing line encased in a clear plastic tube. Worked hot damn. You know how when the line gets all chewed up, ready to break..... this protected it.
I know I shouldn't have- but bottom bouncing I lost them.
I can't find the right diameter flexible tube to cover 25# test. anyone seen??

What about this. a couple of years ago a sooke "bait boy" gave me a couple wire rigged teaser heads that had the trailing hook fishing line encased in a clear plastic tube. Worked hot damn. You know how when the line gets all chewed up, ready to break..... this protected it.
I know I shouldn't have- but bottom bouncing I lost them.
I can't find the right diameter flexible tube to cover 25# test. anyone seen??

Alexievich...
- I use 30 lb leader with the lead hook snelled with 25 lb.
- you can vary the ease the hook slides by how tight you snell it in
place. You need it tight enough so you can put tension on the anchovie
to anchieve the bend so it rolls nice.
The biggest advantage to this set up, is that I tie up about 30 at a time and I can use them on everything. The only thing I vary is the hook size depending on the species I'm targeting.

boc

Alexievich...
- I use 30 lb leader with the lead hook snelled with 25 lb.
- you can vary the ease the hook slides by how tight you snell it in
place. You need it tight enough so you can put tension on the anchovie
to anchieve the bend so it rolls nice.
The biggest advantage to this set up, is that I tie up about 30 at a time and I can use them on everything. The only thing I vary is the hook size depending on the species I'm targeting.

boc

I find a big treble easier to spin an anch. with. I personally use 40lb test with a large 1/0 treble just one single hook and i hardly loose fish as it is a large hook, i used to use 2 small #4 hooks way back before we had to go barbless but it is way easier to use 1 big one now and it is easy to release fish.

Good luck wolf

I find a big treble easier to spin an anch. with. I personally use 40lb test with a large 1/0 treble just one single hook and i hardly loose fish as it is a large hook, i used to use 2 small #4 hooks way back before we had to go barbless but it is way easier to use 1 big one now and it is easy to release fish.

Good luck wolf

Thanks BlueOrca. That rig looks like it would be very effective. I am going to tie some and give it a go. Thanks again!

Thanks BlueOrca. That rig looks like it would be very effective. I am going to tie some and give it a go. Thanks again!

wolf,

what brand of hook do you use? I tried using 1/0 gammies last year but the first two fish bent off right away, and i'm sure i didn't force them cause i babied the 2nd. i dunno, maybe i got a crappy pack of hooks or something, or maybe it was the way they were hooked, either way i was pretty choked. do you have trouble with trebles bending? i appreciate the input,

Thanks Captain Dudds

Back