Sooke reports - August 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
i drove past sooke and looked out and there was no waves in sight. should of gone fishing but went 4x4ing instead. found a nice gravel lot made lots of dust:D

Hammered a 33lb'r as we passed Wolf down the 'secret' tac yesterday! Definately getting a little darker. But then we landed a perfect chromer at 28lbs. Also pickup up a small teener and a sox before 10:30, then we had to leave. They seem to be at all depths. Out again this AM!

Say hi next time yammy im out tody as well!!

Wolf

Wolf, saw you off Muir creek saturday morning
Would have given you a shout, but
we never got close enough.
Fished from 7:00am to 12:00, only picked up two
Was the bite on in the afternoon ?

Sunday Sept 3/06 Picked up a 12, 14, 16 and lost 2 fish at Otter all before 9. Then we trolled around Otter/Muir till 1:30 with nothing else to show but a couple of strikes.
We trolled alongside the "Great One":D for a while trying to pry some secrets out of him (to no avail). So we exchanged pleasantries and I continued on my merry way;).
Saw a 43 on the scale back at Jocks[8D].

The fish came in shallower for me today. Between 40 and 70ft. The usual Betsie/glow combo and Red Hotspot/glow setup.

Weather was absolutely beautiful and flat calm.

CU Next week
Jason

PS. We should all fly flags identifying us as sportfishing bc members for easy identification out on the water[:p]

fished otter point from 7 till 1. picked up 14 and let about a 8 go back and got a sockeye. betsy flasher and army truck teaser, at 90' was getting lots of hook ups but they were gone before i could get to the rod but it still landed some

We picked up 1 21# Spring and a Feisty A** 14.4# CHUM all off the Bedfords, lost a few too. Fished Secreatary and saw nothing going on, same storey at the Trap! Weed everywhere.

Wathched a 13 year old lad dragg a beauty Chrome Bright 42#er to the scale at Cheanah with a solid grin on. Awesome!

Church Rock Produced a few nice Hogs today!

So that was you hurston sorry didnt know I thought it was you now ill know it was a gong show out there boats every which way im out all this week again then its starting to slow for me time to get ready for hunting season we managed a few fish too biggest was a 24, see you out there!!!!

Good luck Wolf

Out by Otter today...decent fishing! We ended up with 5 springs up to 25lbs. Lost quite a few. We had 2 double headers but only landed 2 of the 4. [:0]Shallowest fish was 27ft on the rigger and got them all the way down to 70ft. The usual Betsy's and glow/chrome chovie heads. LOTS of doggies and shaker springs - went thru a LOT of bait. The whole day was a scratch but picked up a few in the early afternoon at tide change in quick succession.

I'm itching to start a new thread called "Sooke reports-September 2006" but I just can't do it damn it. Maybe we should just get this thread published and divy up the royalties. he he

fished otter first thing, had 3 hits then finally one in the boat, then nothing for long time, when we first got there saw 2 fish being netted one was a buddy , might have been that 42, then we headed to muir, ouch big mistake for us, fish all around us, boat in front got a 40 boat behind mid 30's, beat that drum for awhile then headed back to otter , smart move there, bite came on around 2pm hit a mid 30 then another teen, couldnt find that 4th fish though , but what a nice day to be out,
and hey hurston i agree lets get some sort of flag,whatever to identify each other
doh

Fished at Sooke 3-6 pm....Caught 15 lber at 62 ft on Betsy w/6ft chrome teaser..didn't see much happen..?nice tide...Nice weather..just a boat ride ?[8D] Too Busy hookin up my sewer to be out all day .It looked great all day.:(.couldn't get much done lookin out and had to GO [}:)]

yeah i checked big wave dave and it was lumpy and the wind was there too. fished the waterfront and the waves were getting big and to much traffic for me

We got 4 spring yesterday and yes it was lumpy fellow guide said he got a big one so we went to the marina he was at and it was a 47.2 lber very nice fish big white buck,going out now to get his brother!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck Wolf

Just one "teenie" this morning. I Saw a couple of other slabs at Otter this morning. Daybreak was not as good as the tide change later in the morning if you are thinking of going out. nice flat + foggy. I'm done. I just would like to try some Chum later and a few Coho and I'll be happy. Cheers

Well got his younger bro in the afternoon 38 lber also got some others!!!!! guy in the natural high boat got a 42 and a 41 today off of a secret spot off of sooke out again tommorow.

Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back