Sooke reports - August 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
You hit it on the nose Rock,,,awsome...

Iillte slower today but managed to get 4 springs biggest was 27 and 2 hatchery coho one was about 12 lbs the other about 8 and a sockeye good snap first thing but a little slow one here one there but sunny and flat hope that helps.

Good luck Wolf

Wolf ,
Fishing was slow in the morning but awesome in the afternoon at Otter We had 5 fish in the afternoon and only one in the morning 2, 30's, 25, 20, and a 15 this was my day with the kids who are 3 and 6 talk about adventures in fishing never mind babysitting. Good talking with you today Wolf small world isn't it.

Codfish very very small world isnt it ill be out again all this weekend and all next week then im almost done i cant believe the summer is almost over:(:(:(oh well theres always next year!!!!

Wolf

Seems like fishing is very hot off Sooke. Got off work early today and tried Otter for the first time this year. Started off slow with 2 shakers, but when the tide change came had a double header, was by myself so only was able to land one. Dropped the lines again and within five minutes had my second fish. One was a 28# and the other a 27#.

Nice job Riptide!!

You must have got off real early to be posting at 9:56 with 2 in the bucket.

Wolf, good to hear you nailed some coho. Decent sizes too!

This work thing is over rated. I need to get on the water!!!

Hunting season starts next week. Gonna put another dent in time on the water.

Tips

Didn't get to otter til 7:30 or thereabouts. Not much for me, shaker spring, 1 sockeye lost at the boat. Went down as far as Muir by 9:30 but it was too snotty there for my craft. Tacked back into the lee of Otter and fished between 2nd and 3rd rock until 3:30 when the easterly backed off. Then back to Cheanuh. Note to self, when making the trek to Otter, make sure the weatherman is not calling for an easterly.
T2

Wasnt that fun holy cow did it ever come up we left by 10 had to get out of there even not fun in the big boat getting to old for that s&*t

Wolf

by 5ish the winds died down the water was like glass. wish i went fishing today. but going out on sunday in the morning to otter. Wolf what time are you leaving sunny shores on sunday?

Saturday Sept.2/06 Fished Otter from 6am till 9:30am. Released 1 small spring and managed to get a 20lb spring in the box.
Seemed pretty slow out there not much going on around us or on the radio.
80ft deep and Betsie/glow head.

Jason

Fished the trap for an hour 7-8,slowww! moved to Otter and managed 4 Springs to 23lbs, 1 sockeye from 820- 1130. Had to work for them but was very happy to get this group into some fish! Deep lines hit most at 79' and 84' with lots of purple haze teasers and Betsy flahers in Silver n Gold combos! Out again Tomorrow.

Fished Otter friday evening and got 20 and 15 lb springs
not much of a bite. talked to a few guys who were skunked!
saturday, pretty slow but we got a 14-1/2 spring and a
beautiful hatchery coho the same size.
we thought it was a foul hooked spring at first the way it jumped !
Saw some nice slabs from an early bite at otter

:D

did anyone fish possesion/secretary on sat? sounds like otter was hit and miss, trying to decide on my best bet for sunday, most likely hit otter, will check back later, see you all out there sunday
doh

Fished Possession from 7:30 - 11:00. Some guys did quite well right off the point. Picked up one about 18, only hit. Was a bit of a bite just as I started. Most guys picked up something.

Fished Muir and Ottter from 12-4 Muir was great picked up a 25 and a 33 within half an hour of each other the I talked with wolf who said otter was great but by the time we go there bite was over. No fishing for me tomorrow, my brother is getting married.

Codfish out.
Ps 71 and 85 feet betsy flasher same colour teaser
Purple Glow clear teaser.

Didnt matter what depths for me today 90 to 140 off of otter have some friends in from out of town and did they ever have a blast biggest was a 27 very nice day but whats with the southeasters?????
finding these fish now are definatly geting bronzed up for the river as soon as it rains they will be gone.

Good luck Wolf

Soon as I put a anchovie and pink squirt down had a Sockeye,45ft, Lost. Rebaited, couple mim later lost the sock on anchovie. Every thing stopped. Saw few hookups out there.Came in at dark.No fish tonight but the sunset was good as Iv ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back