Sooke reports - August 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
how easy is it to get to otter point or where ever some big fish are .me being a begginer to sooke and launching from sunny shores and the farthers point ive been is sectary island. is it a long trip with few navagation challenges? i only carry 3 22L gas tanks would that be enough to get there and fish for a while and come back???? or is there any closer boat ramps where i can launch

mongoose thats plenty you will be fine lots of gas, there is jocks dock but low tide is a factor, let me know when your out next you can follow me up to otter just like how i told you at Sunny shores about sec. island. and how to get there. ill see you soon

Good luck Wolf

Mongoose, you're as close as you can be except for otter point trailer park and that is private. Otter is only 4.5 miles west from the sooke basin.

well hopefully i have enough gas for that run and trolling only have one motor 115hp inline 6 and looking for a kicker.

Ahh.. just forget it.. had to much to drink tonight and I think I was picken a fight with wolf over a nother post ealier tonight..
Hey tight lines give her s***..

Walleye I have found good guides will gladly share their knowledge with fellow fisherman as it leads to good client referrals. For example Wolf has shared lots on this forum.

Just got back from weekend at Otter point rv park
fished sat evening and landed a 21lb white and a 30lb red
on purple haze and green/chrome at 55 and 75'.
back out sunday and fished at muir creek, landed 2 about 18lbs
and one feeder.
Lost a good one to a bad knot [:I], and one other good hit
that didn't hook up, over all pretty decent fishing !
West wind kicked up yesterday, will likely try again on the weekend !
[8D]

Glad to see people getting fish out here ,me havent been out for over a week,working and trying to paint house beforwe snow flies. Starting tomorrow to hell with the priorities, hope the winds settle and I will be out there. I ride the BOOTERS 11,channel 72.

I hear you Otter, I am building house, working full time 4 on 4 off and doing charters. Out again on Saterday with a group who has been skunked twice with two other guides in the Sooke area in the last two weeks?.I won't divulge names! No presure on me here for fish eh!

Sat,sun was good for my guests 4 one day limit the next took a forum member out sat. and he got a 35 lber and the rest in the 20s. as for MONDAY holy cow the system came in fast and hard was at otter when all of a sudden the trees there went nuts bent over and howling got out of there right now as I was leaving watched a 12 ft tinny still out there I coudnt believe it all of us were pulling out and he was staying!!!!!!!!

Wolf

Was on on Sun afternoon. Huge bite came on at about 5:30 at Otter. Managed to pickup a 31 white. I was getting lots of hits, but didn't start to hookup until I started running trailer hooks and speeding up. Wolf are you still just running the one hook? Also, any guesses how long these fish may be around, as I am hoping for a couple more trips this week. Strange how it seems like Renny is still inconsistent and Sooke seems to have alot of fish right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back