Sooke Reports - 2007

finaly got the boat working and launching from sunny shores in a few hours with my buddies. hopefully good fishing!

All I can say is 'WOW'. Some days are just great and today was one. As with Renfrew, the springs are running hard. Super fun out there. Now I remember why I spend so much money on this crazy sport.

U guys starting to see a big increase in whites around Sooke now? What is the red white ratio? Sweet pics!

Whew! Well the bite started off Otter at tide change this AM and it didn't really end!! We were working a school that didn't move and every pass was another fish. We had one double header and I'm surprised there weren't more. Before noon there were 4 over 20lb and 4 or 5 under 20lb ~ had to catch and release after a while. The smallest were 12 or 13lb but they all had an attitide problem! Spent a half hour on a 27lb'r! Scrappers! It felt like the QC or a great day off Nootka. One of those twilight-zone days. [:p]

Like Yammy said great fishing this whole last week tons of fun and yes there are quite a few whites mixed in with these fish, had 12 people out for group charters from calgary and they were amazed at what they got they will be back.

get out there we only have about 2 weeks left if we are lucky.

Wolf

went out on sunday. a little choppy but still manganed to catch some... pinks and lots of them. I'll be out once again launching from sunny shores and heading to otter this morning

Timing is everything of course, we put in a 5 hour shift between
east sooke and otter point yesterday morning, skunked on Springs.[V]
The killer whales came through about 11:30 and most boats
left shortly after.
Back out wednesday for a couple days out of Sunny shores.

Craven need to go a bit longer there is fish there come see me ill be out there thursday on got a couple of days off now we will chat it over see you soon.

Wolf

quote:Originally posted by wolf

Craven need to go a bit longer there is fish there come see me ill be out there thursday on got a couple of days off now we will chat it over see you soon.

Wolf

sounds good, will see you on the dock !

Scott, I will see you out there on Wed afternoon. I am taking a couple of clients out for some mixed business/fishing. Launching from Sooke Harbour Marina and will likely fish E.Sooke to Otter. Will monitor ch.68 for ya. Much luck in Oak Bay these days?

Tenmile do you mean Jocks or is the Sooke Haror marina letting public launch there?

Tenmile do you mean Jocks or is the Sooke Haror marina letting public launch there?

Sorry, by "launch" I meant heading out from the dock. I'm moored there for the month of August.

I don't think you can use Sooke Harbour just as a launch -- there is no place to park a trailer there. I guess you could launch at SH and park at Jocks next door, but what's the point.

Sorry, by "launch" I meant heading out from the dock. I'm moored there for the month of August.

I don't think you can use Sooke Harbour just as a launch -- there is no place to park a trailer there. I guess you could launch at SH and park at Jocks next door, but what's the point.

quote:Originally posted by TenMile

Scott, I will see you out there on Wed afternoon. I am taking a couple of clients out for some mixed business/fishing. Launching from Sooke Harbour Marina and will likely fish E.Sooke to Otter. Will monitor ch.68 for ya. Much luck in Oak Bay these days?

Terry, fished the breakwater this a.m.with a dozen other boats
not much going on..
heard of a few nice fish last thursday there.
Oak Bay is pretty quiet.

quote:Originally posted by TenMile

Terry, fished the breakwater this a.m.with a dozen other boats
not much going on..
heard of a few nice fish last thursday there.
Oak Bay is pretty quiet.

went off otter today. 7am- 2pm caught a 10, 22 and my buddy lost about a 35lber right at the boat. Really nice weather and a pod of whales put on a show

went off otter today. 7am- 2pm caught a 10, 22 and my buddy lost about a 35lber right at the boat. Really nice weather and a pod of whales put on a show

Back