Podding a SeaSport 22

I tired to warn you , paying the amount you did id be fricken furious as its not a good job so far they have made several big mistakes . id say take it off and make it right and redo the powder coating etc like others said plastic is a quick fix they F#$%^& up they should fix it.

Won't it bounce around when you drive down the highway?
Those locks are not designed for travelling down the hwy with, not to mention gravel roads. Block of wood is better, those Yamaha travelling bumpers over the trim cylinders are the best. I’ve no idea why it’s such a big deal not to be able to max out the trim..

Those locks are not designed for travelling down the hwy with, not to mention gravel roads. Block of wood is better, those Yamaha travelling bumpers over the trim cylinders are the best. I’ve no idea why it’s such a big deal not to be able to max out the trim..
I want the trim to be able to max out to ensure the leg/prop is as far out of the water as possible and no risk of damaging the cowling against the transom. I get her back today so we will see how it all works out!

I want the trim to be able to max out to ensure the leg/prop is as far out of the water as possible and no risk of damaging the cowling against the transom. I get her back today so we will see how it all works out!
I run an 30” leg, never come close to maxing out the trim to get the prop out the water. Dunno about the Yammy but all
Three zukes I’ve owned have a trim limiter adjustment to kick it off at desired height.

Did they say if that plastic spacer will have much deflection under load? id be concerned about that and cracking eventually with all that possible "deflection" happening and load from the water and weight of the engine. But @DuroBoat boat looks amazing I'm really jealous wish I could have a rig like that! Just def like others have said Don't want to see you settle for an inadequate solution.

Did they say if that plastic spacer will have much deflection under load? id be concerned about that and cracking eventually with all that possible "deflection" happening and load from the water and weight of the engine. But @DuroBoat boat looks amazing I'm really jealous wish I could have a rig like that! Just def like others have said Don't want to see you settle for an inadequate solution.
High density plastic won’t crack or wear out. In all reality its probably just as or even more durable than a piece of aluminum. Personally I’d rather go with a piece of HD than having a weld line back there.

As far as balance goes it doesn’t really matter if the pod was extended or it’s moved back with a spacer the engine will be sitting in the same spot. Just hope its sufficient to get the tilt your looking for. As far as clearing the water this depends greatly on whether you dry store or moor the boat. If it’s just an occasional moorage I don’t see the need to have the leg fully clear the water line. As far as travel goes the travel setting is far from full tilt. You guys running these extended pods should all be running proper leg/ transom supports anyways when trailering. There is no way, not a chance I would be hanging that off the hull of my boat going down the road. Make your own or have one made that runs from your leg to trailer. They aren’t hard to have made, I’ve made a few of them.

I think this is going to work out for you, don’t sweat it so much.

Last edited:
Some good news, with a 1” spacer, the engine goes to full tilt with 1/4” to spare. It’s back at SG to complete the rigging and looking good. All new hydraulic steering for both kicker and main and new sleeves for all cables coming out of the transom. Should be able to test it family weekend! And to Walleyes, thanks for the positive post above. It was refreshing - I try to block out the really negative feedback (but expect it on any social forum) but they can be wearing at times even when people are “trying” to be helpful. Some pictures attached because reading all this stuff gets boring without pictures!

Attachments

• 937B5022-1227-474A-8785-AAAB4C5BCA28.jpeg
    937B5022-1227-474A-8785-AAAB4C5BCA28.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 198
  • ED64592C-C261-400D-AB49-44120EC90F50.jpeg
    ED64592C-C261-400D-AB49-44120EC90F50.jpeg
    364.9 KB · Views: 195
Awesome news everyone just wants the best outcome for you with what you've invested so much into. Can't wait for sea trail pics and WOT information.

Some good news, with a 1” spacer, the engine goes to full tilt with 1/4” to spare. It’s back at SG to complete the rigging and looking good. All new hydraulic steering for both kicker and main and new sleeves for all cables coming out of the transom. Should be able to test it family weekend! And to Walleyes, thanks for the positive post above. It was refreshing - I try to block out the really negative feedback (but expect it on any social forum) but they can be wearing at times even when people are “trying” to be helpful. Some pictures attached because reading all this stuff gets boring without pictures!
I think that looks pretty clean. Glad to hear it worked out.

That's good now you can move on now. Mine goes in next week..... Look forward too hearing how it rides.

What type of high density plastic did you use? Some don’t have UV inhibitors.

You know, separating two metals in saltwater with a sheet of plastic may be beneficial after all; reduces any galvanic corrosion at this spot.

Still waiting for the long bolts to arrive to extend the long shaft to an extra long shaft.. I discovered today that the engine will tilt full up with a 1/4” to spare before hitting the transom, however it does hit if I turn the engine to the side. While I doubt I’ll have the engine full tilt up and locked to the side, I don’t want to risk it so we are going to limit the max tilt a little bit. Hopefully the props are still out of the water. they were impressed about the thickness of the transom. 2 1/4” thick and solid after 21 years.

Attachments

• DDCB6A01-2C91-403A-9409-33DF5186B9C0.jpeg
    DDCB6A01-2C91-403A-9409-33DF5186B9C0.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 167
  • 1BF7A1D7-2A84-442C-9766-9F9BD212973A.jpeg
    1BF7A1D7-2A84-442C-9766-9F9BD212973A.jpeg
    193.8 KB · Views: 163
Still waiting for the long bolts to arrive to extend the long shaft to an extra long shaft.. I discovered today that the engine will tilt full up with a 1/4” to spare before hitting the transom, however it does hit if I turn the engine to the side. While I doubt I’ll have the engine full tilt up and locked to the side, I don’t want to risk it so we are going to limit the max tilt a little bit. Hopefully the props are still out of the water. they were impressed about the thickness of the transom. 2 1/4” thick and solid after 21 years.
Nothing wrong with plywood and lvl for transom and stringers if done properly, and any holes and screws sealed properly thereafter.

You might be way past this already but I had a similar issue seeing my depth sounder through the cabin.
I bought a new Lowrance FS7 and mounted it ontop of my dash. These new units have wifi tech allowing you to mirror the screen on any device. A $10 mount off amazon and my wifes old iPad, and I have a second display on the outside. It works great. You can even control the unit using the iPad. I'm not sure why more people don't do this it is awesome. View attachment 73764
Yup exactly the same with Garmin ‘Active Captain’....

Back