O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

502px-Pedestal_%28PSF%29.png

How's the wind up there???

Hello newbie here, was really hoping to see some fishing reports on this part of the forum.... Out last night and this morning in West Van. No bites, none on the finder... And the crab were all small.

fished red can to QA and Banana yesterday at low water slack.
thought with the new set of tides beginning it would turn on a bite.
Got in a monsoon rain at the QA and then wind came up so we went home empty handed.

Fished hole in the wall this morning and didn't even got a nibble. Where's the fish?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, we were at Salamanca today and at about 4:30 pm caught one real nice 12lbr. White spring, put up a good fight for a 12 pounder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, where is Salamanca? Is there any kind of guide book or map that shows all these fishing spots that get mentioned here? The hump, hole in the wall ... etc..

Thanks for the reply Striker... It's been working for me as well. Thought I'd try this side today, but no luck. Looks like a few more trips over will be in order.

Its just north west of Active Pass on the Georgia straight side of Galiano Island. Just east of where the power lines enter the water. We have had very good success over there since mid may. I have had better results off shore than closer in, Have tried both.

Fished hole in the wall this morning and didn't even got a nibble. Where's the fish?

got a 13 lb red within 30 seconds at hitw, sent one anchovie down to 50 so i could get another one ready to go down, looked back at first rod and i noticed it came outa the clip... musta not set it deep enough, then the rod started bobbing. 4 good runs then a terrible net job by a rookie that got the job done.

trolled all afternoon at hitw, one very soft tap tap tap on an army-truck hoochie. apparently john b got one at 70ft on the slack

Hey Fixit what boat were you in? I was there till 2:30-3 seemed to have the whole place to ourselves and 1 other boat most of the day, then a few flooded in later

Fished HITW from 5am to 3:00pm. Most bait and fish marked on the sounder were top 50' of water. One hook up which was a good fish partner list after 5 min 66' with speckleback hootchie. No other touches except a couple small ling's. All by ourself all day until hour before low slack then about 10 boats .

Hey Fixit what boat were you in? I was there till 2:30-3 seemed to have the whole place to ourselves and 1 other boat most of the day, then a few flooded in later
there were a bunch of grady whites crusiing up and down that i saw, we were back at the dock around 530 today, too much sun/beer and not enough sunscreen/water

20 ft wellcraft steplift,white with blue canvas
IMG_1734.jpg
IMG_3022.jpg
IMG_3023.jpg

Back