O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Fished sangster Sunday morn. Lost two real decent fish right at the boat and released a cpl undersized springs. Spent the afternoon mounting my new rocket launcher!! Can't wait to try it out! image.jpg

Is anyone willing to share with me some good locations to fish for Ling Cod?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just an FYI - there is no ling cod fishing allowed anywhere near Vancouver as it is specifically closed to ling and rock cod fishing.

The guys have had success fishing over at Thrasher Rock near Nanaimo where one is allowed to fish for cod... try in approx 90-100 ft of water near rock piles and such.

Hope this helps!

Cheers.

Great thanks. Got one there on Sunday. Was hoping to hear of other spots maybe near Salamanca.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work!

I got one there earlier in the year when trolling for salmon, but it wasn't open yet so she went back to the depths.

Good luck with finding a spot... try the Gulf Islands thread as well if you haven't already.

Cheers.

Hole in the Wall to Bill Point was producing well today.....anchovies, hoochies 80-100 feet. Some boats had several Chinooks on and landed.

Hi Fishin Magician, where is Bill Point. I plan on trying Hole in The Wall this weekend.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi Fishin Magician, where is Bill Point. I plan on trying Hole in The Wall this weekend.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Start at the hole, troll north along the wall. It's not far. If you see guide boats fishing the area...that's a good sign. Either way it'll either give or not......maybe.

Start at the hole, troll north along the wall. It's not far. If you see guide boats fishing the area...that's a good sign. Either way it'll either give or not......maybe.

there are two kinds of fishermen , those that follow others and those that go find their own fish.
some people just fish BOATS....
There are lots of springs heading up Howe sound , think like a fish , go out and look for the signs , eg. feed , birds , good points of land , think like a fish and do your own thing. much more full filling than following a guide boat i,d think?
good luk out there.

Good point, but It seems chasing theses situations often ends in a boat ride with a cooler full of ice and that's it. I have tried.

there are two kinds of fishermen , those that follow others and those that go find their own fish.
There are lots of springs heading up Howe sound , think like a fish , go out and look for the signs , eg. feed , birds , good points of land , think like a fish and do your own thing. much more full filling than following a guide boat i,d think?
good luk out there.

With the price of fuel these days it's not a bad thing to fish known haunts. There is a reason that spots become popular. If you don't know an area finding the "fleet" can more often then not put you onto fish. It's what you do when you get there that determines whether you are successful or not. Think like a fisherman. :) tight lines and good knots guys!

good luk out there.

Us guides just fish certain areas like blind squirrels hoping to find a nut or two...and because we have no clue how to fish.

I'll make sure I reaffirm this with the fellas next time they, we, or I end up guiding our guests into a fish. I'll be sure to tell the guests, including those which paid their hard earned money that we looked at a map, tossed a dart at it, and decided we fish there where it landed because it looks fishy.

Good point, but It seems chasing theses situations often ends in a boat ride with a cooler full of ice and that's it. I have tried.

Yup....x 100.

Other the other hand, a certain ex commercial fisherman advises that we may just get lucky when we choose to fish off some no name point in god knows where how far from civilization or under that freighter off 2nd beach in 60 feet of water because a horde of big ******* Chinooks may just, if luck would have it, be lurking.

Us guides just fish certain areas like blind squirrels hoping to find a nut or two
HAHAHAHAHA good one!
but remember the old saying " even a blind squirrel eventually finds a nut"
Andrew remember schooling some people can be like trying to herd cats:p
let me know where your going to be fishing I have something for you, call me on the very secret channel :rolleyes:

Us guides just fish certain areas like blind squirrels hoping to find a nut or two...and because we have no clue how to fish.

I'll make sure I reaffirm this with the fellas next time they, we, or I end up guiding our guests into a fish. I'll be sure to tell the guests, including those which paid their hard earned money that we looked at a map, tossed a dart at it, and decided we fish there where it landed because it looks fishy.

"Mad bro...?"

"Mad bro...?"

Heck no, since dripping sarcasm, I useful advice and indirect provocation seems to be the order of that members posts and being of no help whatsoever to people, I thought I'd chime in with some verbal wastage too.

I have NEVER seen that fellas boat on the water......anyways, I can't talk too much, in my recluse I have only trolled around on the briny just a handful of times this season...however, I checked the validity of my post by talking with a few local pros and they haven't seen the invisible man either.

Back