O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

thrasher will be busy with boats but will be your best option for fish in the area for this time of year. Active pass and Porlier pass a little more spotty than thrasher but you can still have great days at these locations if the fish happen to be passing through. Most of the Thrasher fish keep working their way towards Galiano but some are picked off along the way and it seems they disperse a bit as they head south, compared to Thrasher at least.

Depending on where you are on Saltspring you are probably best to fish either Porlier or Thrasher IMO.

Hello fine fisherfolk,

Headed over to Saltsping for Canada Day weekend with my grandson and taking him and his great grandmother ( my mom) salmon fishing.

Would you advise I head up to Thrasher Rock or try Active Pass this time of year? I do OK near Q&A normally around now so am unsure where to go on that side of the water.

Appreciate your good advice all,

was out yesterday in Tunstal Bay troller a loop in there and then around Roger Curtis. I was doing a shake down with my folks on the fishing gear, skills tools etc. Saw some bait in Tunstal and what could have been fish we were concentrating on the 120 contour.

Looking forward to getting back out in that area again soon,

Richard
we hit tunstall yesterday afternoon on the low slack 4ish
had a small undersize which was released
again on a shake down trip as just got the boat back in
taken on small green/glow tiger stripe hoochie flasher @ 80' in 100'

but fished till 6.20 then headed home
where just getting into gibsons and the seawater pump hose came off from the heat exchanger
causing a bit of a panic .......lol
but will be sorting the plumbing before next trip out
hopefully the weekend

Thanks Tincan,

Thrasher & maybe Porlier it is!

I found grandpa's charts with salmon, crab & prawn spots marked in the area, and the spots around Thrasher are highlighted with depths and what gear to use, but not dates.

This is grandpa: http://www.nauticapedia.ca/Gallery/Gooldrup.php
His daughter Rita is my mom, and she will appreciate the good advice at 71. As her health is not great, and trolling for water all day is not very rewarding.

Tight lines all.

John on the Willow-Bee

Welcome to the forum. I spent the summer of '79 helping the boss build/oversee Vic and Mike Gooldrup build a seine boat in Campbell River which I worked on for many summers after that. I can supply a photo to fill the gap on the website if you want. (Pacific Warwind)

Welcome to the forum. I spent the summer of '79 helping the boss build/oversee Vic and Mike Gooldrup build a seine boat in Campbell River which I worked on for many summers after that. I can supply a photo to fill the gap on the website if you want. (Pacific Warwind)

That would be great tubber! - Mom is trying to get the Nauticapedia as up to date as possible, as it is a part of BC history and important to our family.

gerita@telus.net is her email addr.

And thanks for the kind welcome, I'm glad to be part of the forum, and observe some really solid good boaters here; that hate thieves like our family does, and offer good advice - and as a 10th generation Canadian from a long line of fishermen and boat builders - I satute the no BS - good character members - you know who you are.

John

tried tunstall yesterday morning and up towards the waterfall, had a large one on for three deep runs. then shook off... 100' on white hootchie with a green mylar skirt, green flasher. thanks reb for the day out!!

Welcome tw. Anytime. Good day out, we'll get em' next time.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Fished bell buoy from 530-8 tonight. Lots of bait no bites. I guess it's a bit early still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somebody has to have some good reports, maybe all the fish are gone! Heading out tomorrow, toss up between the hump, or QA or maybe Spanish banks. Decisions... Decisions.... Anyone!

Somebody has to have some good reports, maybe all the fish are gone! Heading out tomorrow, toss up between the hump, or QA or maybe Spanish banks. Decisions... Decisions.... Anyone!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was under the impression that the Hump slowed to a halt at the end of May?

There is only one place worth going, Thasher Rock!!! Either at the rock doing the loop or along Gabriola(Grande area). Stay in around 200' of water both areas.

There is only one place worth going, Thasher Rock!!! Either at the rock doing the loop or along Gabriola(Grande area). Stay in around 200' of water both areas.

Or Entrance or Fingers, Thrasher was slow last weekend.

I would say the QA is worth a good try,

Yup.

I left you two spoons on your ride dmurph.

Should be good for Gulf Islands and Winters in Jan-February-March in local waters. :)

Nice, thanks pal. Look forward to seeing them. Gotta come down and get the boat worked on. Everyone is so booked right now unfortunately. You ever fish Campbell river andrew? May do a trip next week on a friends boat and could use some gear info

Yup I have fished there. Was there this week.

Check out the Campbell River Reports thread. All the Gulf Islands stuff work, just go deep.

Blue and Green Spacklebacks are popular as is the Purple Haze and Army Trucks. Spoons in Blue/green Half and Halfs.

4" and 5" plugs in certain colours are working for some guides...

Just out at the QA and lost one earlier this morning beside the boat, other than that not much else going on, didn't see anyone else with anything.

Back