How do you guys make fishing buddies?

Howdy Folks, I too find it difficult to find friends to go on fishing trips or just day trips. I'm new to this forum and I've been invited to go to Port Eliza this season, and I want to go. Problem being, I have no one to go with.

Itinerary:
July 28 - Arrive in Zeballos at approximately 2 pm for transport by boat to the lodge. Dinner, meet the guides, socializing.
July 29, 30, 31 - 3 Full days of fishing.
August 1 - Breakfast, packing of fish and depart the lodge around 11 AM for Zeballos and return trip home.

The cost for the trip is $2550.00 CDN per person based on 2 people per boat and $2350.00 CDN per person based on 3 people fishing per boat.

So I'm asking, begging, please, is there someone out there who wants to go ???

Matt's a fishin (I Hope)

P.S. go figure, my first post and I'm begging people to go fishing with me. And that's me in the photo

Attachments

• 1079.JPG
    1079.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 94
I dodged a buddy for my solo trip this week. He likes the ocean, was a kayak guide, but not a fisher. I drive in the middle of the night, don't eat well sometimes, fish hard for multi species, clean up, prep, repeat. I change the pattern with family, but look forward to the solo trips.
4 rods in PA Friday morning then on to Ukee for 5 nights. No nature walks, beaches, fancy meals, just fishing.
I agree tubber, it's all about the fishing. No breaks, just fish. Can't get enough of that tug on the line.

Matt's a fishin

People who are not welcome on the boat:

-Anal Retentive know-it-alls
-People who don't like children (can just gtfo of my life, really, you crusty loser)
-Greedy people who are only out to "fill the freezer", don't even want to play their own fish
-NDP'ers
-Drunks. We're fishing, not getting loaded in the sun

I have been lucky enough to meet one dedicated fisherman buddy, and my 6 year old son is coming along nicely, can't quite reel in a big salmon yet but he can handle 1meter swells no problem ;)

-People who don't like children (can just gtfo of my life, really, you crusty loser)
-Greedy people who are only out to "fill the freezer", don't even want to play their own fish
-NDP'ers

I have been lucky enough to meet one dedicated fisherman buddy, and my 6 year old son is coming along nicely, can't quite reel in a big salmon yet but he can handle 1meter swells no problem ;)
I like your list

-NDP'ers

would this be a list of your friends though?

-NDP'ers

Federal or Provincial NDP? ;)

Got a nice little two speed slow pitch jigging rod and reel combo and my son who was 6 last year reeled up a nice chicken from 150 feet with the rod in the rod holder. He’s likely able to reel in a spring this year with a little help, his jungle gym abilities are amazing.

Federal or Provincial NDP? ;)

Got a nice little two speed slow pitch jigging rod and reel combo and my son who was 6 last year reeled up a nice chicken from 150 feet with the rod in the rod holder. He’s likely able to reel in a spring this year with a little help, his jungle gym abilities are amazing.
Either or, I don't discriminate 😆

Going to pick up a cheap 9' moocher for my boy this year, a bit stiffer and easier to wield.

My fishing buddies are two only. One I've had since high school (50 years) the other a guy from work who started fishing with me 20 years ago. To be honest, the best way to find a buddy is to buy the biggest mother boat you can afford, pay for all the maintenance gas and insurance. People will come outta the woodwork.

this is a bit cryptic, i hope that you can get through this as i read it. if you need to reach out? we are here.
There are worse things than just dying of a drug overdose, sometimes they live on for months until a parent has to think of quality of life, they don't say that much. This forum helps distract but I don't know if fishing will be the same. I guess time will help. Next boat trip is to give him to the sea, he loved Bamfield.
He wanted to name the boat "Catchin" because we always had good luck, I said no because it seemed arrogant and bad luck .... but I guess now it will be named.
His biggest fish was much bigger than mine, 52 lbs in Alberni inlet a couple of decades ago, was a surprise to me it was THAT big, I figured maybe in the lower forties, he was just a kid then. Some bystanders took pics but we didn't have a camera or phone.

Steppenwolf had and appropriate song, The Pusher.

Why do these governments let this happen?

I was at a memorial this past weekend for a great man and fisherman. I cried a bunch and hugged my friends and family a little tighter. Online is no replacement for friends in person that will listen or just walk/fish in silence and listen well when we are hurting.

Glad he had a great fish tale that most of us can never tell.

Great thread and to the original poster, still waiting on my brake callipers so up for telling fish tails and connecting you with as many fishermen as I can.

There are worse things than just dying of a drug overdose, sometimes they live on for months until a parent has to think of quality of life, they don't say that much. This forum helps distract but I don't know if fishing will be the same. I guess time will help. Next boat trip is to give him to the sea, he loved Bamfield.
He wanted to name the boat "Catchin" because we always had good luck, I said no because it seemed arrogant and bad luck .... but I guess now it will be named.
His biggest fish was much bigger than mine, 52 lbs in Alberni inlet a couple of decades ago, was a surprise to me it was THAT big, I figured maybe in the lower forties, he was just a kid then. Some bystanders took pics but we didn't have a camera or phone.

Grief is a journey that can't be fast forwarded, wrestled to the ground or kicked in the nuts. I'm so very sorry you have had to experience this in such a painful way, and have the foresight to send him off in a place he clearly loved, and shared with you.

You are absolutely correct, fishing and certainly Father's Day for you will never be the same, but you can leverage these events and milestones to keeps his memories alive and close to your heart.

Take it easy on yourself, and one day the tears will be less present than the smiles. Cheers.

There are region specific forums here for fishing reports. Maybe offer half the gas to anyone in your area who needs a first mate?

I've taken out acquaintances as fishing buddies. I do appreciate it if they offer to split the gas.

I'm sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine.

And you're right about the people that have been "saved" by naloxone. I have lots of friends that are outreach workers and firefighters and the stories they tell about the brain damage that is caused is heartbreaking. The government loves to spin it as this great work they're doing. The reality is that people caught selling toxic drugs need to be sent away for life.

i have met most of my good fishing buddies on the rivers. during fall i end up seeing the regulars at the rivers more than i do my own family so you tend to get to know them.
some have become friends where we see each other outside of fishing and some i just see every fall.

Back