Derby's Canuck emporium

Total melt down folks oh well shiet happens, lou wouldn't have made the difference Reimer got them to where they were. Learn from it and see what next year brings at least we won 3 against the big bad bears :) Going to the cabin to drink for 10 days will take my spot with me just in case !!!!

We'll enjoy... Putting my tub in this weekend...... yup Reimer played good...defence hmmmm... let's call it a canuckizm

Glad i'm not a bandwagon jumper. Watching that choke job made me feel sorry for Leaf fans....... a little ;)

Watching a game when you aren't emotionally involved is FUN and stress free!

Glad i'm not a bandwagon jumper. Watching that choke job made me feel sorry for Leaf fans....... a little ;)

Watching a game when you aren't emotionally involved is FUN and stress free!

Ya it was different being not emotionally envolved..did really feel for them...I just hate those bears and they need to lose...now they may have awaken... :)

Team 1040 is talking about it today like its a done deal...nothing official yet. Gillis is coming on at 3:15...maybe an announcement then.

I'm ok with it...there's very little passion shown by this team, maybe he can snap them out of it. Definitely not a long term thing...but I think for a season or two he might be good.
That and I can't wait for his press conferences!!

Hey c'mon Canuckleheads at least he's won a Stanley Cup. He'll shake that team up no doubt. Could have been worse, you could have got Ruff. Yawn.;) eman

Well what is Gillis supposed to do? He already watched the other teams hire 3/4 available coaches so... He'll tell us he wanted tortz all along.

Remember how the sedins want to play out their carrier in Vancouver? Not after next season!

Tortz is taking over a good team with a terrible GM much like the NYR team he just came from. Heeeeeere we go!

I could not care less if the Sedin's packed there bag's and scat, they are one dimensional players that really dont play with any passion, heart or gut's. I say Tort's light a fire under there butt's and if they dont respond, see ya!! They are good players, but they are not playoff player's! Just watch the final's and i know i slagged the ref's for giving the Nuck's the crappy end of the stick all the time but watch the finals and you can see how far away they are from being a contender!!! Lucic please come home!

Canucks are stale with no prospects to speak of 'cuz Nonis and Gillis traded draft choices for players like Derek Roy. It's going to take awhile to re-stock the farm and in the mean time the local boys may morph into pound and trap folks in their new division. Tortorella may be just the man for the job. Nucks are far from talentless they just look passionless too often.

Bows up, your hawks are only good because they were bad for so long. Getting multiple first rounders clearly has its benefits though..... And for the record, I'm a huge hawks fan for the time being lol.

The Canucks are in a tough spot... They've proven they are good but not good enough to win it all. Their division is in a rebuild so what can they do? It's going to be difficult to be worse than the flames, oilers and avs?? So they will likely continue making he playoffs and losing out on the best draft picks because of their regular season performance.

The biggest head scratcher will be losing Luongo, who was at one point probably the most sought after goalie on the planet... For what? They might have to buy him out.... Hard to believe.

Who says for sure Luongo's gone? They may be changing philosophy if they hire Torts.

What kind of assets would Schneider bring? They need to re stock for the future while trying to win now.

They won't suck for 10 yrs like Chicago did to get the 1st picks.

Who says for sure Luongo's gone? They may be changing philosophy if they hire Torts.

What kind of assets would Schneider bring? They need to re stock for the future while trying to win now.

That's a good point, many things can and will change with this change of direction and philosophy. Who knows how close those footsteps were behind Gillis-he may be running a little scared for his job and decide on a new game plan before it's decided for him!! LOL

I hope they keep Luongo!

You don't have to remind me how badly the Hawks sucked for all those years, trust me. Turnaround started when Wirtz Sr. died and the son brought the team out of the Dark Ages. Dale Tallon put in some great years as GM and they stopped pitching draft choices out the window. Kane was a 1st, Toews a 3rd (I think) with Kieth and Seabrook in the top ten. Shaw was passed over for two draft years and then went well over 100 spots down.

Frankly, I think the Canucks should have flushed their scouting department years ago as they never seem to get the mileage out of the late round picks that other teams do. Detroit seems the best at this.

You have to wonder how good Bourdon would be now.

Back