Derby's Canuck emporium

This is obviously a desperation move for Gillis. When the owners refused to buy out Lou, Schneiders fate was sealed. This Horvat is a great player and a future star for sure. Now the question is how much boot lickin are the Canucks willing to do to get Luongo back in the fold. I realize he is under contract but is his heart still in Vancouver? Typical Canuck screw up and so it goes.;) eman

GIllis should be canned what an idiot a number 1 goalie for a 9th round pick OMG let the fire sale begin at least we could have gottne something for him the guy is a douche never liked him and now never will HE is the problem!!!!

GIllis should be canned what an idiot a number 1 goalie for a 9th round pick OMG let the fire sale begin at least we could have gottne something for him the guy is a douche never liked him and now never will HE is the problem!!!!

It was 9th pick in the first round, not a 9th round pick. Anyway, it wasn't Gillis' choice. Aquillini made the call and is on a plane to Florida to make nice with Roberto.

9th pick yeah yeah sorry but still not worth that pick they got..... all the time and money they invested in cory was years in the making to toss him like that was so dispespectful, and dont say "its part of the buisness" that part isnt.

A joke for sure

Schnider for a prospect ( yes he might be good one day but for now he is just a prospect like all draft picks )
Hodgson for a party boy, Kassian
4 mill plus for Ballard and another 4 mill for Booth
the screw up with Manny
and the beat goes on.
And the worst part is Aqualini may well be the driving force behind many of these moves and we can't fire the owner
Soon we will be worse than the stupid leafs
Being a Canuck fan is getting very depressing indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:
The screw up with manny?

Lately the cup has been won by teams that have depth from their younger players. We had to get prospects somehow.... Not saying I love the deal but buying out Luongo would have been insane...
Schneider at the end of the day isn't as good anyways lol.

Eddie Lack looks like a hell of a goalie too...

Apparently edmonton was offering way more for Schneider... Oh well

The screw up with manny?

Lately the cup has been won by teams that have depth from their younger players. We had to get prospects somehow.... Not saying I love the deal but buying out Luongo would have been insane...

So the small market team Tampa has the balls to buy out Lecavelier (sp) and the 8th largest team (by value ) can't make a very similar move with Lou, and keep the better, younger goalie. "I think Cory is one of the top five goalies in the NHL and I think it's a chance for him to get away from the chaos of Vancouver, this quote from Marty Brodeur. Nice move Gillis/Aqualini.

So if you want prospects trade to the team that was offering you the most prospects...........duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This latest move was a double FAIL!

Apparently it was Gillis asking Edm for way more. And they declined. No reason to trade within the division if you dont have to. I think Horvat and Shenkurik will suprise alot of people in a couple years.

Time will tell.

-KK

The screw up with manny?

problem being, I think if you need to rebuild a team, you do it around your goalie...they get rid of the goalie that was 7 years younger and had his head screwed on tight vs the playoff flakey old man Lou, and if they just had no other option for prospects (as in no one wanted Lou), you firesell him, and gamble that Tort can scare the sisters into playing with heart and soul.

Stupid move IMH...Corey proved he can play in the playoffs even with last year (I'll cut him slack given injury he was dealing with)...Lou, get a few goals on him and he mentally breaks down every time. Yeah, lets ride with that!

The bigger problem still being they need grit and scoring in the playoff and they only have a couple players that meet that description.

We are soon to be Maple Leafs west. It is hard to go from the top to the bottom but that is where we are headed.

This trade/give away will go down as the worst trade since the Cam Neely trade.

I don't know what his options are but what happens if Leaky Lou bails and refuses to come back to Vancouver?

Back