Derby's Canuck emporium

There's about 64 million reasons why Louongo will be back in net for the coming season and the 9 following.
This was the owner's call, not Gillis - and since the owner is the one with the bucks, it's a call he gets to make. But - as someone earlier said, it won't matter, Rogers Arena will still be full.

And the gong show continues.
Scnieder should have been traded in 2011 for our cup run - nope.
Ok trade him in 2012 for our cup run. Nope.
Ok so we're sticking with Scnieder then? Nope.

Umm ok so... What's the direction here Gillis? Most people think he could have gotten more for Scnieder. I agree but then again look at what LA got for Bernier - not much. So maybe Gillis did ok.

But I ask again what's the direction Gillis??? I thought we were trying to win NOW Bo Horvat does not help us win now he might help years down the road. So we're rebuilding then? This is going to be painfully slow. If rebuild is on his mind trade everyone for picks and prospects lose a year or two and come back STRONG. It looks like we are in for a bunch of mediocre years by the time our prospects can help out veterans will be on the way out.

Calgary flames 2.0? It's not nearly that bad yet but with this GM I wouldn't be surprised if that's where we end up. The sky isn't falling but it dropped a little closer and its hanging by a thread. Hopefully Luongo can hold it up - that's Gillis' plan B... Or C or plan M whatever the hell he is on now.

Hey C'mon, this team needs some major regrooving for sure. You have to seperate the twins, why waste all that talent on one line. Look what happened when one of them was injured the other one excelled. Tort's will figure this team out in no time. To many overpaid slackers on this team. You can't continue to expect the Sedin's to win you the cup. It's to easy to defend against.;) eman

Hey C'mon, this team needs some major regrooving for sure. You have to seperate the twins, why waste all that talent on one line. Look what happened when one of them was injured the other one excelled. Tort's will figure this team out in no time. To many overpaid slackers on this team. You can't continue to expect the Sedin's to win you the cup. It's to easy to defend against.;) eman

I agree 100 %..I think Nucks will be doing just fine next season... :)

Nucks will be good, I can already picture it....

Horvat back to Shinkaruk, across to Kassian..... He scores! :cool:

Looks like Ballard has gone on waivers and will be bought out when no one grabs him.

Nucks will be good, I can already picture it....

Horvat back to Shinkaruk, across to Kassian..... He scores! :cool:

Looks like Ballard has gone on waivers and will be bought out when no one grabs him.

You are sounding like a delusional Leaf fan, I guess today's heatwave can explain your irrational thoughts.

I cant find anything on it but when I was watching the trade thing I thought it said Derek Roy was gone? Did we sign him?

Jeez there are some Luongo haters out there. How many goalies out there with his career numbers? Or an Olympic gold medal? He posted two shutouts in the 2011 finals whilst his team managed to score just 8 goals in 7 games, yet he gets blamed for losing the whole series. If they'd won the Cup that year, there'd be very little of this talk. Yes, he's moody, and yes, he has never really committed to Vancouver as a place to live - is that why he's disliked? The team has two goalies both deserving of number one status, they trade the one where a deal can be made. Done.

IMO the key problem at the Canucks is leadership. We all know who is the captain at heart, the guy who puts the team on his back some nights and lifts them to a win they may not have deserved. Why isn't he wearing the C? Hank is a fine player but the captaincy isn't doing him any favours, and is likely interfering with his own play. Trevor Linden was twice the player when he came back - without the C. When players with proven talent stop producing, something's wrong inside. That's a leadership issue, both for coach and captain. The other problems - power play and penalty kill - are technical in nature and can be dealt with by coaching staff. Something clearly had to change in that department, the special teams were so poorly coached and little was being visibly done to remedy it.

I'll look forward to the changes in the leadership area. AV is a good coach but he had lost his effect on this group of players. Now see if Torts will give Kesler the C and complete the process. So many calls for Vancouver to 'get tougher' - a leadership change should fix that too. It's as much an attitude as anything else - look at Toews in Chicago, still a skilled player but fights for his piece of the crease. Buying 'toughness' means we get defence-centred, boring and thuggish like LA. Or St Louis. Or Nashville. Or... you know what I mean.

Yup, Kesler for captain and hope his style of play lets him stay healthy. I think AV wore him right into the ground. No wonder he wasn't himself come play-off time. I don't like Kesler but I respect him as a player. Betcha the Sedins improve with Kassian all season long riding shotgun and standing in front of the net. I wonder how many games Luongo gave up on after his team sucked in front of him. Crawford had a lousy season two years ago but on many nights he was hung out to dry by his team. This year they never gave up and surprise neither did he.

Tougher division for the 'nucks this year and I think they'll be just fine, unless they play the Hawks. :D

Yup, Kesler for captain and hope his style of play lets him stay healthy. I think AV wore him right into the ground. No wonder he wasn't himself come play-off time. I don't like Kesler but I respect him as a player. Betcha the Sedins improve with Kassian all season long riding shotgun and standing in front of the net. I wonder how many games Luongo gave up on after his team sucked in front of him. Crawford had a lousy season two years ago but on many nights he was hung out to dry by his team. This year they never gave up and surprise neither did he.

Tougher division for the 'nucks this year and I think they'll be just fine, unless they play the Hawks. :D

Haa haaa...bring on the hawks...they love playing each other.... :)

No problems with motivation against the Hawks! Problem was AV couldn't get them pumped for anything else.

Just wait till Lou says he still wants to be moved. Then it will get real interesting. Gillis will never be in the running for manager of the year.

Probably a fair bit as he vetoed any buy out of Lou's contract. Still Gillis had more than enough time to get something done. Then he pulls the wrong trade. Could have got more from Edmonton. Might have made it a little less painful. If you are worried about them putting a rival in a better position to beat you then you shouldn't be making the trade at all. Either you believe in someone or you don't. Personally I don't believe in Lou. Looks like we are stuck with him now. Although there are certainly other personal issues besides Lou.

Interesting how the rumour mill works. Listened to an interview with Gillis and he said the pitch from Edmonton wasn't as good as what has been suggested, and certainly not as good as 9th pick in the first round. So either the rumours are wrong or Gillis is lying...

Giddy up BOYS ... it's shining time!

Back