Canucks 2021 Season

She’s rigged. I wouldn’t doubt if you pay to get first pick and highest bidder wins. Makes you lose interest in nhl.

Nothing better than getting a generational talented player when you should be losing your first pick for all the sexual abuse problems for that organization.
preach brotha

also: the canucks are cursed. i’m convinced they built Rogers Arena on a sacred Indian burial site or something.

The Canucks have never had a first overall draft pick and only a handful in the top five, which considering how long they have been around makes them the most unlucky and/or mismanaged team in NHL history. They have also never won the cup, which given how long the team has been around, makes them arguably the worst team in NHL history in terms of that important metric. I am not holding my breath that it will happen in my lifetime.

BC is pretty passionate about hockey, although the rest of the country thinks we don't know what winter is. Yet we have the best tier 2 junior league on the continent and loads of NHL players who played minor or junior in BC.

Four overtime periods. Bloated playoffs are bloated.

And now the US media will want the NHL to eliminate long overtimes probably.

Great game Brob. If he loses 10 to 20 lbs per regular game this one must have been a 25 lber. Lot's of intravenous after that no doubt.

And SN's Riccio thinks the Canucks are ready for that and could compete.

And now the US media will want the NHL to eliminate long overtimes probably.

Great game Brob. If he loses 10 to 20 lbs per regular game this one must have been a 25 lber. Lot's of intravenous after that no doubt.

And SN's Riccio thinks the Canucks are ready for that and could compete.

funny you should mention that: all i can think of watching these playoffs is that the Canucks would be cannon fodder for these teams.

and the worst part? The Canucks are already over the salary cap for next year and they haven’t signed Ethan Bear. ( the same Ethan Bear that couldn’t crack Carolinas lineup due to defensive issues. He was replaced by Jalen Chatfield whom the Canucks let walk )

Well looks like Dubas was given the boot this morning. TSN has put the playoffs on hold in anticipation of the media speculating whats next for their beloved Leafs. Looks real good on them. LOL.
I read he actually declined to renew his contract. That's one pressure cooker job!

funny you should mention that: all i can think of watching these playoffs is that the Canucks would be cannon fodder for these teams.

and the worst part? The Canucks are already over the salary cap for next year...
Actually the worst part is that the Stanley Cup chase requires GMs and coaches to build two separate teams, one for the reg season and one for playoffs. Play entertaining high scoring hockey from October to April to put bums in seats and attract sponsors, then transform into a defensive machine for May and June. Put the teams through a meat grinder where the marquee players are targeted so fiercely that almost every one of them is playing injured and the Cup goes to the team with an in form goalie and the best fourth line.

I don't deny that physical and mental toughness are admirable traits in athletes, but the NHL has elevated these above all else. The game it markets and the game actually played to win the Stanley Cup are completely different.

Back