Canucks 2021 Season

yep that was big boy hockey with big towering d men that aren’t afraid to clear the net and possibly chip a nail.

when i see hockey like this it reminds me just how far away the canucks are from winning.

vegas had i believe like, 15 Canadians on the roster
and not afraid to go to the net at anytime. That was good, clean hockey without any goon activity, but also powerful and dominant.

also helps when you get a new team draft to pick some of the best players in the league to start out with to use as massive bargaining chips in the long run to gain even more talent and skill. lol
Not sure I fully agree, but what can the Canucks learn from Vegas and Seattle when it comes to picking the types of players that can play like that?

Not sure I fully agree, but what can the Canucks learn from Vegas and Seattle when it comes to picking the types of players that can play like that?
imo you cant be afraid to trade "decent" players if it means it gets your further ahead in a couple years, taking on contracts with left over dumpster players never get you ahead in the long as we can now see with the canucks with tyler myers and OEL which we will be stuck with but not much longer!

Thank you! The GM's for all the other teams screwed themselves trying to screw Las Vegas. Some people think Dale Tallon should have got the Conn Smythe for giving Vegas Marchessalt and Smith for free.

I think Canuck fans are among the most frustrating fans ever. ( i include myself in this ) the fans go on and on about how amazing Bure was , or the Sedins, for example but they forget the PITA hard players like Momesso or Lapierre. the teams that go far in the playoffs roll four lines and they all know their role.

Until ownership and management get their crap together and make some tough decisions this team will flounder

I think Canuck fans are among the most frustrating fans ever. ( i include myself in this ) the fans go on and on about how amazing Bure was , or the Sedins, for example but they forget the PITA hard players like Momesso or Lapierre. the teams that go far in the playoffs roll four lines and they all know their role.

Until ownership and management get their crap together and make some tough decisions this team will flounder
Correct use of role and roll in the same sentence! You just won the internet.

and not afraid to go to the net at anytime. That was good, clean hockey without any goon activity, but also powerful and dominant.
Agree. All of their forwards found free space and created scoring chances. Wasn't just the top 6.

Rafe Torres

Here’s one for you, the word on the street today is that OEL will be bought out at $19.5 million. I don’t know the math or even care anymore but short term gain for someone to go away. Personally should have waited a year to see if he can return to his former self. Thanks Benning, so a Ist, a second, and $19.5m for Garland. Pathetic. I guess the new management team is banking on the cap going up substantially in the next few years. Bennington legacy stands to 2031.My only hope is now management will use the cap space to acquire a bad contract short term from a desperate team and potentially moving up in the draft this year. Example Mantha and Washingtons 8th overall for our 11th overall. Who knows anymore.

Last edited:
Here’s one for you, the word on the street today is that OEL will be bought out at $19.5 million. I don’t know the math or even care anymore but short term gain for someone to go away. Personally should have waited a year to see if he can return to his former self. Thanks Benning, so a Ist, a second, and $19.5m for Garland. Pathetic. I guess the new management team is banking on the cap going up substantially in the next few years. Bennington legacy stands to 2031.
That's not really on Benning. That was influenced by Aqualini obviously. And he's still around....

Up next, we will take on Karlsson and have a new overpaid guy to hate.

That's not really on Benning. That was influenced by Aqualini obviously. And he's still around....

Up next, we will take on Karlsson and have a new overpaid guy to hate.
I am blaming everyone I can as I am sure FA was sold on Bennings initial plan and now he has politely approved his latest $13m in overall savings.

Back