Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Aluminum Welded Raider Boat - Tin Tug - Galiano Island. CA$65,000​

View attachment 107586View attachment 107585View attachment 107584
To be clear , I don't think this Raider is the same builder as Raider today. Pretty sure this was built in the Anniville ( Gunderson ) slough in Delta. I was working as a Marine mechanic at Crest Marine in the same slough at that time.

I realize this is likely too old to generate any real interest, and I expect it will go cheap - but that guy obviously put in some serious elbow grease to get it that clean. Pride of ownership is evident and worth the shout out

It's a great little boat and well maintained. I had a chance to have first crack at it because it's a friends boat. The interior is unfinished but it was rigged by Mcdonald Marine in Powell River who are very thoughtful and thorough. It was used as a crew boat for two years to run from Powell River to Hardy Island so not a lot of abuse. I really wanted to like it but it was just too small for my needs. The fishing deck is a great size though. Definitely a good buy for someone looking for this size and finish.
I just can’t wrap my head around these prices WTF!

I just can’t wrap my head around these prices WTF!
90k hull
30k engines
20k rigging and other stuff

It's the 90k for that bare hull with windows and a door that boggles my mind.

Sorry but $120K is too much for that '23 Cope.

Nice hull, but unfinished, super basic, work boat, no trailer...
They're 150 into it. I agree that the guys selling the hulls are the ones being greedy.

5k or so for plans. No welder/fabricator is getting rich after investing hundreds of thousands in a shop and tools.
Agreed, everyone scoffs when someone brings up buying a welded boat from China on the cheap, but no one wants to pay the cost of buying local.

Talk to Lifetimer, Silverstreak, Jasper, Jaxon and others. They can all build you a lovely boat to whatever level of finish you want - the one thing in common from all of these guys: it won't be cheap. The cost of skilled trades is up (if you can find people at all), cost of leasing industrial warehouse has doubled over the past 4 years (read the recent post by the owner of Monaro), people are also tapped out after a few years of inflation and back to more normal post-pandemic finances.

Anyway, I won't throw stones at someone trying to get back $0.80 on the dollar for a 2-year old boat, even if there is some initial sticker shock. I think the main criticism of the COPE boat, is that they built something highly specific, with a very narrow potential market of buyers. Low supply, low demand is particularly unforgiving in a slow market. They may not get their $0.80 back, versus if they were trying to sell a 2 year old Whaler.

Last edited:
Right. Super specific and basic, not much market for that.

I could get the same boat built by a builder today, brand new, exactly how I want it, a more comfortable setup, with brand new power and for not much more dough... I don't see $120K there.

Buddy relisting his old c-dory angler. 22 feet, under 30k with a newer engine. Same block as the 90hp. Goes alright.
I just talked to the owner when I was poking around d some garage sales on his street.

Had a little chat with him and he was telling me a bit about the rig. Nice fella. Even if kaelc pretends to have "friends" I guess we can't really hold it against him.

Right. Super specific and basic, not much market for that.

I could get the same boat built by a builder today, brand new, exactly how I want it, a more comfortable setup, with brand new power and for not much more dough... I don't see $120K there.
I disagree. That things worth what they’re asking all day. It might not have the fit and finish on the interior that some do, but the price reflects that. It wasn’t built to be a showpiece, this is a working boat.

I’ve always liked the look of the Parker pilot house and the Steiger pilot house, this reminds me of those, but in an aluminum West Coast form.

I just talked to the owner when I was poking around d some garage sales on his street.

Had a little chat with him and he was telling me a bit about the rig. Nice fella. Even if kaelc pretends to have "friends" I guess we can't really hold it against him.
All just part of my free boat buying consultancy. He wanted a C-Dory bought a 16 that was beat, then I sent him this one which is a much better boat. Now he wants a sail boat. Dead to me

Back