Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Yeah, that's a sweet little rig. Looks super clean. Would be a nice buy for somebody who can DIY the deck repairs.
I saw this one,it's too bad somebody that worked on it didn't tell the owner about the back deck/stringers before he spend all that money on pod and motors.It would be $40K+ by the time you import and then the unknown expense to have it put right.Great boat and power choice though.

There has been a slightly bigger Bayliner hard top with a pod, a new 175hp Suzuki, and a used 175 suzuki has been sitting for a while down in WA. I think the days of people spending tens of thousands on projects are long gone. I was thinking about offering 10k for the bayliner, but would want a cheap 250hp or more to replace the Suzuki's with and I would use the new Suzuki. Even paying 10k to import it, the time spent, exchange and taxes makes it not worth it. Someone on the lower mainland maybe but the extra day or two and 500-1000k it takes to bring a boat back isn't worth it for most islanders.

There has been a slightly bigger Bayliner hard top with a pod, a new 175hp Suzuki, and a used 175 suzuki has been sitting for a while down in WA. I think the days of people spending tens of thousands on projects are long gone. I was thinking about offering 10k for the bayliner, but would want a cheap 250hp or more to replace the Suzuki's with and I would use the new Suzuki. Even paying 10k to import it, the time spent, exchange and taxes makes it not worth it. Someone on the lower mainland maybe but the extra day or two and 500-1000k it takes to bring a boat back isn't worth it for most islanders.
Funny you would say that, when I was looking for a boat , 7 years ago in the Us side bayliner trophy (older ones) where 7-15k depending on condition and weren’t selling, then Covid hit and they where selling for 25-35k, lots for sale lately and not selling, after owning 2 of them, both inboard I would never buy another one, the newer pro ones might be better, never been on one, guy in Renfrew 3 camps from me has one and likes it, he just spent 44k on a new 300 verado, so must be alright

2022 Cope designed Winter Harbour 23. CA$120,000​

View attachment 107575

Sweet! What're the thoughts about pricing here? Compared to lots of other boats this seems like a pretty attractive price for a newer welded aluminum.

Sweet! What're the thoughts about pricing here? Compared to lots of other boats this seems like a pretty attractive price for a newer welded aluminum.
It's a great little boat and well maintained. I had a chance to have first crack at it because it's a friends boat. The interior is unfinished but it was rigged by Mcdonald Marine in Powell River who are very thoughtful and thorough. It was used as a crew boat for two years to run from Powell River to Hardy Island so not a lot of abuse. I really wanted to like it but it was just too small for my needs. The fishing deck is a great size though. Definitely a good buy for someone looking for this size and finish.

Sweet boat and looks like a real tank (in a good way). I'm curious about the use case for this design (strange water taxi, considering how small the cabin is). Bulletproof / rough water design, twin power, big rear deck, great helm setup, but the interior looks very spartan and somewhat unfinished (exposed spray foam) - its also tiny. I'm curious if the measured LOA is 23ft including motors, or hull only?

I don't know what you would compare it against? A 24' Silver Streak Swiftsure? A 21' ft Renfrew? How much do those go for, and how much more are you going to have to put into this to get an equivalent level of finish? The closest I could find was a Lifetimer 22ft cabin:

I could think that it makes a strong case as a medium distance year-round cabin commuter that is 'built', and that huge rear deck would be great for prawn / crab traps / building materials - just not sure that you'd actually want to be out on the water for more than a few hours at a time in this thing.

Interesting to see that both motors are standard rotation - likely makes zero difference, but just one of those things you might notice.

Last edited:
Sweet boat and looks like a a real tank (in a good way). I'm curious about the use case for this design (strange water taxi, considering how small the cabin is). Bulletproof / rough water design, twin power, big rear deck, great helm setup, but the interior looks very spartan and somewhat unfinished (exposed spray foam) - its also tiny. I'm curious if the measured LOA is 23ft including motors, or hull only?

I don't know what you would compare it against? A 24' Silver Streak Swiftsure? how much does one of those go for, and how much more are you going to have to put into this to get an equivalent level of finish?

I could think that it makes a strong case as a medium distance year-round cabin commuter that is 'built', and that huge rear deck would be great for prawn / crab traps / building materials - just not sure that you'd actually want to be out on the water for more than a few hours in this thing.

Pretty much my thoughts too. But I'm drawn more to the good kind of tanks vs the cookie-cutter aluminums with paint and plywood floors (example: Raider/Kingfisher/etc). This is a sweet boat for somebody.

Sweet boat and looks like a a real tank (in a good way). I'm curious about the use case for this design (strange water taxi, considering how small the cabin is). Bulletproof / rough water design, twin power, big rear deck, great helm setup, but the interior looks very spartan and somewhat unfinished (exposed spray foam) - its also tiny. I'm curious if the measured LOA is 23ft including motors, or hull only?

I don't know what you would compare it against? A 24' Silver Streak Swiftsure? A 21' ft Renfrew? how much do those go for, and how much more are you going to have to put into this to get an equivalent level of finish?

I could think that it makes a strong case as a medium distance year-round cabin commuter that is 'built', and that huge rear deck would be great for prawn / crab traps / building materials - just not sure that you'd actually want to be out on the water for more than a few hours in this thing.

Interesting to see that both motors are standard rotation - likely makes zero difference, but just one of those things you might notice.

IMG_0429.jpeg

Pretty much my thoughts too. But I'm drawn more to the good kind of tanks vs the cookie-cutter aluminums with paint and plywood floors (example: Raider/Kingfisher/etc). This is a sweet boat for somebody.
It's 3x the cost, but when I saw a Jasper Defender in this size, I was blown away by how nicely finished it was. Seemed way brighter and roomier with all the Euro glass. But in reality, you're not getting any more boat. This is a good buy for someone that can do a bit of finishing work inside.

It's 3x the cost, but when I saw a Jasper Defender in this size, I was blown away by how nicely finished it was. Seemed way brighter and roomier with all the Euro glass. But in reality, you're not getting any more boat. This is a good buy for someone that can do a bit of finishing work inside.
I've seen the same Defender at Burrard Civic, and feel the same way. That is an amazing boat. What's Jasper selling those for $200k+?

I actually really like/respect that COPE boat for exactly what it is, but its probably a small pool of potential buyers. My long term plan/dream is to look for a cabin property up in Pitt Lake, and this would be exactly the kind of boat I'd look for. Commute time is only an hour, so no need for a head or dinnette, and the huge rear deck would be great for building materials. Cabin heat makes this useable 12 months of the year, and the overall design/redundant power gives you the confidence that you could actually use it all year long in almost any weather. I know some guys with cabins up on Nelson Island, and they would have a similar use case.

Last edited:
I've seen the same Defender at Burrard Civic, and feel the same way. That is an amazing boat. What's Jasper selling those for $200k+?

I actually really like/respect that COPE boat for exactly what it is, but its probably a small pool of potential buyers. My long term plan/dream is to look for a cabin property up in Pitt Lake, and this would be exactly the kind of boat I'd look for. Commute time is only an hour, so no need for a head or dinnette, and the huge rear deck would be great for building materials. Cabin heat makes this useable 12 months of the year, and the overall design/redundant power gives you the confidence that you could actually use it all year long in almost any weather. I know some guys with cabins up on Nelson Island, and they would have a similar use case.
The owners of this one have a cabin on Nelson Island as well. That was their intention when they bought/built it. Keep it as a commuter/prawning rig for the kids to run. But they have too many boats currently

Back