Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Nice. Are you looking at Uniflite as well? Beautiful looking one in Cowichan area for sale and a steal on a 26 just north of Courtenay. I can’t wrap my head around getting a salmon hit and trolling from the cabin or flybridge so the 26 Uniflite covers this problem as it is open concept kinda like the 80k Bertram over on the Sunshine Coast.
I like the uniflites, but kinda have a style like that now with our 26' bayliner cruiser. The wife really wants a flybridge, and I want a wider heavier boat. The thought right now will be to add a 20hp kicker off the back with throttle and steering controls in the cockpit area for fishing. We will obviously be committing to towing our dingy when cruising, but I'm OK it that. Love shopping for boats and so does my wife! Couldn't really ask for anything more in life.

I bought the boat I've been looking for,for at least 2 years today.I tried "Wanted' adds,asked forum members etc. for a long time with no success,but today was my day. A 2009 Grady 208 w/270 Hrs.on the complete package, 225 and 9.9 Yamaha's hardtop,trailer,all the gear included.So my 1995 - 2470 Pursuit will be for sale shortly,I'll post pictures and details when I have it ready. Have to get the new one home first.

I bought the boat I've been looking for,for at least 2 years today.I tried "Wanted' adds,asked forum members etc. for a long time with no success,but today was my day. A 2009 Grady 208 w/270 Hrs.on the complete package, 225 and 9.9 Yamaha's hardtop,trailer,all the gear included.So my 1995 - 2470 Pursuit will be for sale shortly,I'll post pictures and details when I have it ready. Have to get the new one home first.
Congrats on the new rig!!

Congrats! Where'd you find that!

I saw that add pop up yesterday. Great price on a nice package. Congrats.

Langley,walked on the ferry in Victoria (Swartz Bay) and seller picked me up and returned me after making the deal.No negotiating ,seller had a list of buyers waiting.Sometimes life gives you a break and you have to jump on it.
Seen that one, clean modern Grady, ya done well 👍

Langley,walked on the ferry in Victoria (Swartz Bay) and seller picked me up and returned me after making the deal.No negotiating ,seller had a list of buyers waiting.Sometimes life gives you a break and you have to jump on it.
Love to hear it, send the ad if it’s still up!

The Grady was a bucket list thing for me,mission accomplished,but the Pursuit has been great for the short time I've had it.I've poured quite a bit of money into it ,$7500 on the trailer alone.

The Grady was a bucket list thing for me,mission accomplished,but the Pursuit has been great for the short time I've had it.I've poured quite a bit of money into it ,$7500 on the trailer alone.
What do you like about the Grady vs the pursuit?

The Grady 208 or 228 was my original target boat for size,fuel economy,trailerability,cockpit room and lockable storage cuddy and a hardtop..And I quite often fish solo,so don't need a 30 Ft overall boat.A Pursuit was another bucket list boat and I've been very happy with it,but still bigger than I need.It's pretty tight manouvering out of my moorage spot,and I'm not comfortable trailering that size boat anymore.The Grady has everything I was looking for at an affordable price that should last the rest of my fishing years with only 270 hours on everything.
What do you like about the Grady vs the pursuit?

The Grady 208 or 228 was my original target boat for size,fuel economy,trailerability,cockpit room and lockable storage cuddy and a hardtop..And I quite often fish solo,so don't need a 30 Ft overall boat.A Pursuit was another bucket list boat and I've been very happy with it,but still bigger than I need.It's pretty tight manouvering out of my moorage spot,and I'm not comfortable trailering that size boat anymore.The Grady has everything I was looking for at an affordable price that should last the rest of my fishing years with only 270 hours on everything.
Congrats on your find. Any pics?

I would assume that the Grady has a hardtop and a 2009 is much newer than his Pursuit. The only downside to the 208 Grady model is the flip down motor well to raise the main motor but it’s manageable. Great find.
Seahorse, being your 228 is your first grady I wouldn’t be so quick to discount the motor well style Grady models. They actually have a lot of benefits over the bracket model. The brackets are very light duty and offer no floatation, about 90% of them leak and fill with water. Because of no floatation the scuppers often end up under water with the addition of modern single 4strokes. The deck space is about the same, I haven’t put a tape on side by side models, can’t be more then mm’s difference, lastly the ride is better in the transom models, they ride at a better angle, set you down on the better part of the hull, better steering and backing up, better handling over all. Actually the best style Grady transom is the euro style, found on the 248, 282, ++. Family had a lodge on Westcoast, spend lots of time in/around Grady’s.
I would assume that the Grady has a hardtop and a 2009 is much newer than his Pursuit. The only downside to the 208 Grady model is the flip down motor well to raise the main motor but it’s manageable. Great find.

Seahorse, being your 228 is your first grady I wouldn’t be so quick to discount the motor well style Grady models. They actually have a lot of benefits over the bracket model. The brackets are very light duty and offer no floatation, about 90% of them leak and fill with water. Because of no floatation the scuppers often end up under water with the addition of modern single 4strokes. The deck space is about the same, I haven’t put a tape on side by side models, can’t be more then mm’s difference, lastly the ride is better in the transom models, they ride at a better angle, set you down on the better part of the hull, better steering and backing up, better handling over all. Actually the best style Grady transom is the euro style, found on the 248, 282, ++. Family had a lodge on Westcoast, spend lots of time in/around Grady’s.
All good points, I had a Campion for years with the motor well option and it handled great, just not sure why Grady would not mold a solid motor well but instead build the flip down door model. But if someone can explain the benefits of the flip down motor well style versus a solid formed fibreglass motor well and how they perform in a following sea I’m all ears.

All good points, I had a Campion for years with the motor well option and it handled great, just not sure why Grady would not mold a solid motor well but instead build the flip down door model. But if someone can explain the benefits of the flip down motor well style versus a solid formed fibreglass motor well and how they perform in a following sea I’m all ears.
With regards to the following sea the notched transom will lift with the wave better then the bracket, usually the bracket just gets swamped. I have a 228 just like yours, at some point I’d like to remove the grady bracket and add a better floatation style pod, makes a world of difference. They still make both options from the factory to this day, leads you to believe they both have their place. P.s check inside your bracket for water lol

With regards to the following sea the notched transom will lift with the wave better then the bracket, usually the bracket just gets swamped. I have a 228 just like yours, at some point I’d like to remove the grady bracket and add a better floatation style pod, makes a world of difference. They still make both options from the factory to this day, leads you to believe they both have their place. P.s check inside your bracket for water lol
Ya I knock on the pod all the time to check for water, good advice.

I've got the 208 with the flip down. Had it out in some big following seas. Never even close to anything coming over the back. The flip down is a bit annoying but I like the added space. Would probably lose 6 inches of dance floor if they molded one in permanently. The new 218 they came out with has it, but they also made the boat longer and wider. Talked to a dealer, they were selling the last 208's for 130kish. The 218's are going to be close to 200k apparently.

Back