Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Curious if anyone is keeping track of these "covid" priced boats to see if they sell fast or end up coming down in price. Would be a neat stat to see. Then we could have a sister thread to this one called "What the boat actually sold for" ;)
Based on how fast a lot of these boats sell for I have a feeling a lot sell for their listed price. Some people out there are shooting for the stars but I think the majority of them are selling quickly and I would assume for their requested price.

1644274052072.png

Have I been setting up my puller wrong. I see this guy goes with the rope back onto the small pulley and then back. I had been going directly back off the big pulley and finding I have to sit close to it and pull straight down. (shown in red)

The problem I see here though is that the small pulley would not turn and your rope would just drag along it unless that small wheel has 2 independent rollers one to go up and the other down?

I have thought of mounting a lower roller down by my feet to go through to keep the tension pulled down.

After seeing this I feel like the setup shown might keep better tension on the line.

The inventories seem to be stablizing in the US lately. Some dealer-advertised boats have been sitting on the lot for quiet a while. I looked at a couple of boats in WA before Christmas and they're still available for a reduced price. It's a completely different market here though. If you could find a trouble-free deal in the US, that might save you some coins.

As a lot of you know ,I've been looking for a boat since last June.The local boat market has had almost nothing available,just like the housing market,so prices are high. I've looked in Washington state,but their prices are as high as ours and then you have to add about 30%.I missed out on a good deal recently ,but it doesn't work out most of the time with the dollar difference.I'm willing to pay a premium price for a clean ,well cared for boat,but there just isn't anything to look at yet.I'm hoping March will see more boats on the market,don't want to go through another summer boatless.I expect the good ones will continue to sell fast and the not so much will take a while. I may try another wanted ad soon,although it hasn't worked in the past.

As a lot of you know ,I've been looking for a boat since last June.The local boat market has had almost nothing available,just like the housing market,so prices are high. I've looked in Washington state,but their prices are as high as ours and then you have to add about 30%.I missed out on a good deal recently ,but it doesn't work out most of the time with the dollar difference.I'm willing to pay a premium price for a clean ,well cared for boat,but there just isn't anything to look at yet.I'm hoping March will see more boats on the market,don't want to go through another summer boatless.I expect the good ones will continue to sell fast and the not so much will take a while. I may try another wanted ad soon,although it hasn't worked in the past.
Not sure what your after but Capt Ed has a beauty for sale.

I feel your pain brother, we did the same thing and sat without a "big boat" all last season. Our work around was to have Lifetimer build us a beauty 14' which has kept us on the lakes, near shore fishing, prawning crabbing etc. I still believe that there will be a correction and an inevitable price reduction. When the interest rates slowly start creeping up to put the brakes on inflation people aren't going to feel so good about taking equity out of their homes to buy toys.

I built a home once when demand was high and supply was low. It took about 3 or 4 years before I was back in the green after the inevitable correction. It didn't matter at the time because I had to sleep somewhere but still it wasn't a great feeling.

If you get what I'm laying down be patient, I think you will be rewarded. But hey, if you really have to have a boat and don't mind paying a premium I hope you find exactly what your looking for. Good luck.

A 20-24Ft. Cuddy with outboard power,no I/O's.
#1-Pursuit 2470
#2 -Boston Whaler Conquest 230
#3-Robalo 235
#4-Wellcraft Coastal 22-24
#5-Grady 208
#6-Podded Zeta24, Seasport 22, Hourston 23 etc.
You get the picture, a quality built sport fisher.

Last edited:
take the leap rayvon ;)
If you mean to your 2870 Pursuit,I'd love to but I'm in a marina that only allows boats under 30 Ft. OVERALL,including bow sprits and motor overhangs.The 2470 would fit barely.Besides I can't afford the fuel for 2-250 Yamaha's.

Not my boat but this looks like a Great little starter boat fair price. Probably sold tonight I bet

Attachments

• 77863271-AB5D-4005-81ED-2C35E8D99C09.jpeg
    77863271-AB5D-4005-81ED-2C35E8D99C09.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 18
If you mean to your 2870 Pursuit,I'd love to but I'm in a marina that only allows boats under 30 Ft. OVERALL,including bow sprits and motor overhangs.The 2470 would fit barely.Besides I can't afford the fuel for 2-250 Yamaha's.
Its compact and has way better power:)
Zuki-300’s

View attachment 75229

Have I been setting up my puller wrong. I see this guy goes with the rope back onto the small pulley and then back. I had been going directly back off the big pulley and finding I have to sit close to it and pull straight down. (shown in red)

The problem I see here though is that the small pulley would not turn and your rope would just drag along it unless that small wheel has 2 independent rollers one to go up and the other down?

I have thought of mounting a lower roller down by my feet to go through to keep the tension pulled down.

After seeing this I feel like the setup shown might keep better tension on the line.
That little pulley wouldn’t go in different directions haha. Spins the same direction.

you’re red line is where the rope would come off the big pulley if you have the hands free attachment. Without hands free, the small pulley should have two grooves for the rope

#1-Pursuit 2470
#3-Robalo 235
#5-Grady 208
Looks like the list of the most desirable boats in our market

#1-Pursuit 2470
#3-Robalo 235
#5-Grady 208

Those are big bouys -- well to me in my 14' tinny anyway. What are you using as a tow vehicle?

An example of a US boat worth importing.I think it has an 8.1 motor not 5.1.

24 foot Skagit Orca I/O with trailer - $50,000 (Mount Vernon) post id: 7443109772​

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

condition: excellent
engine hours (total): 250
length overall (LOA): 24
make / manufacturer: Skagit (now SeaSport)
model name / number: Orca
propulsion type: power
year manufactured: 1999
1999 walk-around hull and 2016 Volvo Penta 5.1 Liter V8. Comfortable, seaworthy and will get you there in a hurry. Great for fishing, crabbing, camping, sea kayaking. Well maintained; has always been in dry storage. Raymarine radar, fishfinder, and GPS. Illuminated compass, VHF radio and stereo. Alcohol stove, cabin heat/defrost, PortaPotty, electric refrigerator, pressurized water, and sink. V bunks forward sleep 2 and convertible dinette sleeps 2 more (6'2"). Two batteries and shore power connections. Steerable forward spotlight and aft deck lights. Auxillary helm and Garmin fish finder on back deck. Fish boxes with macerators and baitwell. Retractable trolling motor mount, radar arch, rod holders and Penn electric downrigger mounts. Anchor, anchor locker and bow roller.
Custom set up for loading double kayak over back rail onto cabin roof even when dinghy is also there.
Includes EZLoader double axle trailer with dual speed hand winch as well as a power winch, separate battery, and surge brakes.

Last edited:
#1-Pursuit 2470
#3-Robalo 235
#5-Grady 208

@Rayvon . Just need a shipper.

Back