Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I checked one out a while ago. The dance floor really is quite small/short, but if you could access the pod and net the fish from there, you would probably be OK.
I own one and the one issue is the deck is further from the water due to being raised for the inboards. It’s not too bad though. I honestly don’t find it small to fish back there, quite the opposite , but maybe you’ve got a much larger boat. One bit of advice I’ll give to anyone thinking of podding one is that you need to absolutely steal the boat in order for it to be worthwhile. They are great boats and I’ve had many people try to buy it off me for a good amount of money so I think there’s a strong market for them with outboards but you are looking at spending a lot cash before you are rolling.

Great boats, no debate, that’s why I looked at one. Easy to manage solo too. Yours was the inspiration to check one out. I guess my thought was if you’re going to pod it, with the drivetrain already below the floor, you don’t gain any more deck space once you put outboards on it. No doghouse elimination. You’re modifying the whole drive system for the sake of losing the twin vintage stern drives. Most pod conversions are done to gain dance floor area, but not all.

I saw myself taking the summer off and staying on it, going all over the coast. So I bought a centre console instead.

:)

Great boats, no debate, that’s why I looked at one. Easy to manage solo too. Yours was the inspiration to check one out. I guess my thought was if you’re going to pod it, with the drivetrain already below the floor, you don’t gain any more deck space once you put outboards on it. No doghouse elimination. You’re modifying the whole drive system for the sake of losing the twin vintage stern drives. Most pod conversions are done to gain dance floor area, but not all.

I saw myself taking the summer off and staying on it, going all over the coast. So I bought a centre console instead.

:)
Center consoles are great!

$500 project. I think she'd need more than a 90hp. 250 would be more Stizzla approved.

I feel like that Houston is twice as much as it should be.

I wouldn’t come close to paying $12,000 for an 18’ boat you hope to pod later.

People need to go look at some 6k boats these days, Frankenstein boats usually under 10k. 18 foot hourston with two engines, fuel system, electrical, stingers, transom all done. Not saying an inboard or this one is close to perfect but it would be 20k for this with an outboard or 28! Not sure if the kicker is included but with the steering that isn’t a cheap add on. Lot of boat, not everyone’s cup of tea but I wouldn’t kick it out of bed for eating crackers!

$500 project. I think she'd need more than a 90hp. 250 would be more Stizzla approved.
I’ve always said and will always say:

“The best investment anyone can make is putting a $40k motor and pod on a $500 boat. What could go wrong?”
~Stizzla

This 24 ft fiberglass top project boat had its engine removed and leg..ready for a pod and 90 hp outboard Table for 2 and kitchennete with cooler, sink Separate flush toilet Vhf radio and antenna...
vancouver.craigslist.org

Why does it look like she is sinking? Seems rather low in the water on the bow as well as a solid stream of water coming out of a bilge pump at the stern?
Or is there just some unusual amount of weight up in the cuddy??!!

2019 18’ 6” riptide marine sarita centre consul with 90hp
C$40,000
Been on FB for awhile now, and it was listed a few months ago as well. I do like what appears to be a storage tray/false floor under the seat, as well as presumably the open storage below. I might consider this for my boat, would be a good light box too, with a 12 volt feed going to it.

268315848_4866162050070904_3543422824214585935_n.jpg

Based on a Cope design, but modified.

View attachment 73524View attachment 73523
Is it me or does this boat look like the shortest 24 footer I've seen? I see there is 3 to 4 feet of pod. Absolutely no dance floor with plastic down. Maybe it's the photos but.....

Back