Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

would 20K and a lot of sweat equity do it?
Really have to see it, I called today to check on material pricing and a 5'er of resin is still $200 and a 1gal of gel is $100 so not much has changed which I am quite surprised! I think $20k would defiantly do it but be forewarned, as I was, lots of labour :)

I'm sure this must have landed here already but one of you guys needs to buy this $300,000 boat for $100,000.

Does it come with oars? I still think they are dreaming. $40k for good used power on top of the sticker price.

Price seems maybe a touch on the high side for this one...

1994 Bayliner Trophy 20ft. Asking $35,900.

20trophy.jpg

20 ft bayliner trophy
New bottom paint ,
1994 150 merc new spark plug , 9.9 merc ,
3 stage battery night switch
All wiring checked over , replaced or taken out
New swim grid latter , reinforced swim grid
New gps fish finder , blue tooth capability
New stereo and speakers blue tooth capability
New captain chair
Comes with spare chair
Cushions and table
New porta poddy unused
New captains foot stand not installed yet
New canvas tarp with windows
New vhf radio
All work done by Ocean Pacific
One manual , one electric down riggers
Calkins trailer , redone brakes and bearings
Summer used only
Covered in winter

With used boat prices stupid and with what seems to be insatiable demand ( A friend in Kelowna has a water ski boat that he paid 80K for 5 or 6 years ago and he now uses to pull his grandkids around. Last night we were talking and he has had unsolicited offers from people offering him more than he paid for the boat)

I asked him if he was thinking of selling. (His boats, cars, motorcycles are always in better than new shape (ex pilot) His answer, "I like pulling my grandkids around in a tube a lot more than having 80 grand in the bank and giving up that wonderful time with my grandkids."

It may be time for people to read "Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds is an early study of crowd psychology by Scottish journalist Charles Mackay. The book was first published in 1841 under the title Memoirs of Extraordinary Popular Delusions."

Will the US's planned large infrastructure projects drive up the cost of raw materials such as aluminum? will this result in the prices of new welded aluminum boats increasing and therefore keeping a strong resale value for welded aluminum boats long after the used market in fiberglass boats falls?

When we moved west in 1983 we bought a nice Lewis Post & Beam house in West Vancouver for $192,500 . The previous owners (who stole all the appliances when they left and left used apartment size ones in their place btw) were moving east and had paid $385,000 for the house a few years before.

Last edited:
You have to check out the $1 boat rebuild on YouTube, I believe it’s a Grady with a soft transom but I wouldn’t be surprised if the stringers needed to done as well.
1990 Grady White Gulfstream 23. $5000.

No power on the boat and no trailer, rot was found on either side of the fuel tank pocket. It's only $5000 for a boat that has great potential. You all know these boats are stupidly priced when they're in good shape and next to impossible to find in any condition so if someone out there has power and wants to put a little TLC into this old girl it'd be good boat for somebody. It was equipped with a 250 four stroke and there is power available for extra. It's a 2007 Yamaha 250hp four stroke as well as an 8 hp Yamaha aux motor for extra. These two motors will most likely be sold separately but can go with boat for the right price. This is NOT a part out boat, it's sold as is. It is located at Dryland Marine in West Sechelt on the Sunshine Coast. It would be way more beneficial to come see the boat rather then me try to explain everything. I will not hold the boat unless there has been an e transfer sent.

View attachment 63531View attachment 63532

1990 Grady White Gulfstream 23. $5000.

No power on the boat and no trailer, rot was found on either side of the fuel tank pocket. It's only $5000 for a boat that has great potential. You all know these boats are stupidly priced when they're in good shape and next to impossible to find in any condition so if someone out there has power and wants to put a little TLC into this old girl it'd be good boat for somebody. It was equipped with a 250 four stroke and there is power available for extra. It's a 2007 Yamaha 250hp four stroke as well as an 8 hp Yamaha aux motor for extra. These two motors will most likely be sold separately but can go with boat for the right price. This is NOT a part out boat, it's sold as is. It is located at Dryland Marine in West Sechelt on the Sunshine Coast. It would be way more beneficial to come see the boat rather then me try to explain everything. I will not hold the boat unless there has been an e transfer sent.

View attachment 63531View attachment 63532
Seller says he sold this in 18 minutes.

With used boat prices stupid and with what seems to be insatiable demand ( A friend in Kelowna has a water ski boat that he paid 80K for 5 or 6 years ago and he now uses to pull his grandkids around. Last night we were talking and he has had unsolicited offers from people offering him more than he paid for the boat)

I asked him if he was thinking of selling. (His boats, cars, motorcycles are always in better than new shape (ex pilot) His answer, "I like pulling my grandkids around in a tube a lot more than having 80 grand in the bank and giving up that wonderful time with my grandkids."

It may be time for people to read "Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds is an early study of crowd psychology by Scottish journalist Charles Mackay. The book was first published in 1841 under the title Memoirs of Extraordinary Popular Delusions."

Will the US's planned large infrastructure projects drive up the cost of raw materials such as aluminum? will this result in the prices of new welded aluminum boats increasing and therefore keeping a strong resale value for welded aluminum boats long after the used market in fiberglass boats falls?

When we moved west in 1983 we bought a nice Lewis Post & Beam house in West Vancouver for $192,500 . The previous owners (who stole all the appliances when they left and left used apartment size ones in their place btw) were moving east and had paid $385,000 for the house a few years before.
you timed the 20% interest rate real estate correction of the early 80's quite well. Mind you that was a global effect, not just Canada or BC.

Dam! I’m flabbergasted, you still need to find a trailer go to the Sunshine Coast and drag it back and then do 20k of work plus labour plus 20-40k in power, parts and a trailer.

And maybe you might have a boat ready by spring 2022.

Dam! I’m flabbergasted, you still need to find a trailer go to the Sunshine Coast and drag it back and then do 20k of work plus labour plus 20-40k in power, parts and a trailer.
He just listed an early Trophy that has been sitting outside for 10 years, let's see how fast it goes.

1987 Bayliner Trophy. $2,500

Since I just sold a 23 Grady White Gulfstream project in a record 18 minutes, I'm putting FEELERS out there for this Bayliner project. It will be ready for viewing mid April. It's been sitting for 10 years and needs a good clean-up.

163820396_5404782729564281_4107307658683687845_o.jpg

Back