Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Definitely negotiate one of the newer trailers that one looks to be surge brakes and you will definitely want electric over hydraulics once you fill up that big gas tank and add 1000lbs of motors. I'm surprised they don't have a deal on new power and have that option available. $150k plus tax with new power, EOH trailer would be a good deal and almost possible.

Is this a member’s boat? Looks pretty clean.

whats everyone’s thoughts on something like this.
Do they have any rot issues?
how is the overall construction?
How is the performance and handling of these hulls?
What do the age and hours indicate for potential maintenance issues?
thanks!

Nice looking boat for sure, but I think that’s a tough sell. Maybe I’m wrong, but let me explain

Anyone considering this could’ve bought the Snyd-mobile and made off like a bandit. His trailer was better and hull bombproof.
Obviously the Bertram is more complete in terms of electrical and accessories, but not $80,000 more complete.

no chance I’m putting their used $12,000 twins on that boat. They must be 8 years old with 1000 hours at that price and that’s not the power you should put on a $120,000 boat! Also borderline underpowered for a 10’ wide beam. Let’s just say I’m spending more than $12,000 to repower my 17’ double eagle.

new twin 200’s with rigging and installation will set you back $55k
Now you’re $170k plus tax. Yowza.

The last redone Bertram with the Verados, the asking price was $125k I believe and it looked better IMO. It also sat for the better part of a year.

I guess we can just sit back with a bowl of popcorn and see.

thanks!
They are very nice hulls for the price. Everyone I know that has one loves them. I believe post 2001 is composite stringers and transom so rot is not a concern. Lots of nice accessories like HP riggers and full cover.
It has obviously been babied it’s while life. A 26’ trailer queen is rare. Low hours is a good thing but I prefer outboards.
It will make somebody very happy, amd I’m guessing pretty soon.

Nice looking boat for sure, but I think that’s a tough sell. Maybe I’m wrong, but let me explain

Anyone considering this could’ve bought the Snyd-mobile and made off like a bandit. His trailer was better and hull bombproof.
Obviously the Bertram is more complete in terms of electrical and accessories, but not $80,000 more complete.

no chance I’m putting their used $12,000 twins on that boat. They must be 8 years old with 1000 hours at that price and that’s not the power you should put on a $120,000 boat! Also borderline underpowered for a 10’ wide beam. Let’s just say I’m spending more than $12,000 to repower my 17’ double eagle.

The last redone Bertram with the Verados, the asking price was $125k I believe and it looked better IMO. It also sat for the better part of a year.

someone got up too early

thanks!
It is a great looking package. I think it has a head but no pictures? It looks to have Electric over hydraulic brakes on the trailer, check to see if they are discs. He said he spent 8-9000$ setting up the kicker and it has a ton of upgrades like the third downrigger, led lights and sick electronics package. Inboards are always fun but less of an issue if everything is well maintained and he has a transport company so used to paying maintenance bills, and it being on a trailer reduces the leg issues. The hulls ride a little nose up at slow speeds so can have poor visibility at times, but likely ok once you are going 18+ or using a ton of trim tab but lots of guys with real experience can speak to it. Would cost you well over 200k new these days and it sounds like he has invested in it recently. I'd ask where the leg and main were maintained, get it checked over mechanically and surveyed before buying and regardless be ok with 20-40k in maintenance over a 5 year period, which isn't unusual for any big boat engines, and you might get lucky and have very little maintenance costs.

The last Bertram they sold with used 150hp Hondas and the buyer had them replaced with the twin verados. He had a bunch more work done to complete the build, too. I believe it sold for around 120,000 last summer when he moved up so even if he netted 120k I think he would still be way under water. I looked at it very carefully as a friend was all jacked up to buy it but he backed out even before the survey and bought a Hourston.

A boat like that has to be a passion project where you burn C notes for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with a burner card your wife has no access too.

Selling a boat for nearly 100K and the ad is full of spelling errors and nonsensical abbreviations .

If the ad is from the builder it makes one wonder about their mindfulness and attention to detail.
Really dude??? Maybe English is not his main language,I can’t spell very good but I can tell you one thing I am very good at what I do, that has to be the most stupid comment I have ever read on this forum and believe me I seen a tonne

Last edited:
Back