Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I think every good boat thread and reports thread is getting bogged down with bs these days.
FFS I came to look at boat pics and had to read a dozen messages about grammar.

Happy 2021 everyone. It’s going to be better.

I think every good boat thread and reports thread is getting bogged down with bs these days.
FFS I came to look at boat pics and had to read a dozen messages about grammar.

Happy 2021 everyone. It’s going to be better.
Exactly, that’s why I add to speak up, this is about boats for sale, not about the poor guy who made a grammar mistake while posting his boat lol

I want the motor off of this. Do you think if I put my Honda 90 on it I could sell it after and for how much?
I bet you could get $8500 for it in the spring if it hasn't sold already!

Big boat, needing a bigger trailer.

I want the motor off of this. Do you think if I put my Honda 90 on it I could sell it after and for how much?
the swap should be simple enough. i think the problem may lie in the back end trying to sell that sea ray with the 90 hp to push it along. i know little about those sea ray hls but it seems quite underpowered with that heavy honda 90 slapped on there. mind you if you were planning on paying top cheddar for new power anyways?.... i think you’ll end up coming ahead regardless. like someone else said; you might have two boats in your driveway until spring. Not necessarily a bad thing. you’ll feel like a mob boss for a while!

Last edited:
Really dude??? Maybe English is not his main language,I can’t spell very good but I can tell you one thing I am very good at what I do, that has to be the most stupid comment I have ever read on this forum and believe me I seen a tonne
First of all neither of us know what the seller's first language is, and for all we know they could be just a poor typist.

Secondly, I am sorry that my comments regarding the ad's spelling and grammar upset you to the degree that it did.

This ad was not selling a 25 year old 12 foot aluminum boat for $1,200, This was someone selling a new boat for nearly $100K.

Poorly written ads do not put the product or the seller in the best possible position to attract potential buyers, and get the seller the best possible price in the fastest time. An ad represents both the product and the seller and with privates sales that is an important factor.

While that may not matter to some potential purchasers it can drive away others. There is a reason realtors stage houses and that is to show the property in the best possible light. Good presentation helps to get the property sold for the highest possible price.

A clean boat with a well written and descriptive ad that provides abundant verifiable information will always be more appealing to a larger group of buyers than one where the boat is filthy, has stagnant water in the bilge, and has an incomprehensible, badly written description of the boat.

First of all neither of us know what the seller's first language is, and for all we know they could be just a poor typist.

Secondly, I am sorry that my comments regarding the ad's spelling and grammar upset you to the degree that it did.

This ad was not selling a 25 year old 12 foot aluminum boat for $1,200, This was someone selling a new boat for nearly $100K.

Poorly written ads do not put the product or the seller in the best possible position to attract potential buyers, and get the seller the best possible price in the fastest time. An ad represents both the product and the seller and with privates sales that is an important factor.

While that may not matter to some potential purchasers it can drive away others. There is a reason realtors stage houses and that is to show the property in the best possible light. Good presentation helps to get the property sold for the highest possible price.

A clean boat with a well written and descriptive ad that provides abundant verifiable information will always be more appealing to a larger group of buyers than one where the boat is filthy, has stagnant water in the bilge, and has an incomprehensible, badly written description of the boat.
Not upset, just a bit funny, you question the boat quality because of grammar errors on his post, pretty sure it won’t prevent somebody from buying his boat

Not upset, just a bit funny, you question the boat quality because of grammar errors on his post, pretty sure it won’t prevent somebody from buying his boat
I’ll admit, a poorly written ad will put me off.. however if I loved the boat, I would still have a look. And it does look like a seaworthy boat..

I’ll admit, a poorly written ad will put me off.. however if I loved the boat, I would still have a look. And it does look like a seaworthy boat..
I will remember that next time I sell a boat, I will just put up a picture or two, no description lol. What bug me about that post was questioning the guy ability to built a boat over his ability to write English, really shallow in my opinion

2006 26' Striper outboard model with Alaska package.

View attachment 60099
I can't access the link to this boat,is it advertised elsewhere?
With room in the price to pod and put dual 350's..........:p

The motors would be worth way more than you could sell that boat for.

Back