Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

2013 Stabicraft 2600 with twin zuk 200s for 89k in Courtenay… don’t know any details aside form the add but seems decently priced.

I'm surprised it has not sold. Seems like a good price...

I find them cramped.. they always feel narrow for the size to me.

Maybe the markets finally slowing

That Stabi has been up for a while. I really wanted a Stabicraft but I wasn't happy when I looked at new ones at Galleon. I could put down better beads than some of the welds I saw there... I expected stacked dimes.

Great reputation though, so maybe that's just me...

the 21' striper still for sale?
I doubt it. Once the links gone they are often sold
2013 Stabicraft 2600 with twin zuk 200s for 89k in Courtenay… don’t know any details aside form the add but seems decently priced.

Friend reached out. 3700 hours on the engines he said. If it was well maintained might be ok but if was beat commercially…

400hp on a hull rated for 300hp. Are there insurance implications here?

Interestingly, the current Stabicraft 2500 (they don't make a 2600 anymore) is rated for 400hp. Since this is a 2013, it would have been brought in as a one-off import. I'm curious if importation required a separate Transport Canada certification/sticker? Maybe the calcs for passengers/hp numbers are different in NZ vs Canada?

Interestingly, the current Stabicraft 2500 (they don't make a 2600 anymore) is rated for 400hp. Since this is a 2013, it would have been brought in as a one-off import. I'm curious if importation required a separate Transport Canada certification/sticker? Maybe the calcs for passengers/hp numbers are different in NZ vs Canada?
I can't see them bringing up the HP numbers, but explanations on the web and regulations are not very clear to me. Luke the guy mid island who has imported lots of the Chinese hulls would know. https://tc.canada.ca/en/marine-tran...ompliance-notices-pleasure-non-pleasure-craft

This is what I got from Gemini the google AI

No, you cannot increase the maximum horsepower allowed for a boat larger than 6 meters in Canada.

The maximum horsepower is determined by the boat's design and construction, and it's indicated on the boat's compliance notice. Exceeding this limit can compromise the boat's safety and stability.

Here are some key points to remember:

• Compliance Notice: This document outlines the maximum safe load capacity, engine power, and number of people the boat can safely carry.
  • Safety Regulations: Canadian regulations strictly enforce these limits to ensure the safety of boaters.
  • Modifications: While modifications can be made to a boat, they must comply with regulations and may require inspections or certifications.
If you have questions about specific regulations or your boat's capabilities, it's best to consult with a marine expert or the relevant government agency in your province.

Sources and related content
Boat Compliance Notices: Everything You Need to Know - National Boating Safety School
Source icon
safeboatingcourse.ca

One additional point of consideration on the Stabicraft. Its a 2013. According to the Stabicraft website, they started filling the pontoon 'life ring' with foam in 2015 - I think models before that just used the pontoon as air chamber flotation (not sure if its multiple chambers or one single chamber).

Just a point to consider and potentially investigate to an interested party. Honestly on a 10 year old boat, its likely better if it has no foam - you could have it filled yourself (i'd just have it pressure tested and then keep it as air chamber flotation if it were mine).

Last edited:
Back