Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Do you think the fuel tank of the 19 is in the 22 mold position if a plug was used? This could cause the hull to be unbalanced from new as the fuel tank would be further forward or aft due to the tank position not being adjusted for the smaller build length.
The fuel tank is right behind the pilothouse bulkhead.I think if anything having the tank further forward would lessen porpoising.The problem is with both I/O and outboard models from new.I don't like adding weight to compensate so I've raised the motor 2 holes,added an SE400 hydrofoil and an still trying to find the best 4 blade prop.I can live with it now.I think changing to a hull extension pod would solve it but expensive.I don't like the single engine raked bracket/pod they used.

Attachments

• IMG_9887.jpg
    IMG_9887.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 38
The fuel tank is right behind the pilothouse bulkhead.I think if anything having the tank further forward would lessen porpoising.The problem is with both I/O and outboard models from new.I don't like adding weight to compensate so I've raised the motor 2 holes,added an SE400 hydrofoil and an still trying to find the best 4 blade prop.I can live with it now.I think changing to a hull extension pod would solve it but expensive.I don't like the single engine raked bracket/pod they used.
Your reply sounds like the tank position is making the porpoising more prevalent, with the shorter hull behind it.

5 grand give or take for full extension pod, installed.
Something looks really funky (not in a good way) with the way the water is coming off the back of the pod and the motor in that short running video. If you're looking at this make sure you take a good seatrial in a variety of water conditions!
im guessing the motor is too low as it shouldn’t be spraying like that. Cavitation plate must be under water.

Last edited:

New engines check, night vision check, list goes on and on. 150k usd and if you want to offer 99k they will put some yami 150's on her for you.

I’d like to go for a cruise in a tomcat. Seems like it would be a good boat for running the alberni canal .
ever been in a cat out in the open water? scares the crap outta me. they fall off the swells if you are in the trench. another un easy feeling is that they lean out instead of inward on a turn. my brain was short circuiting.

ever been in a cat out in the open water? scares the crap outta me. they fall off the swells if you are in the trench. another un easy feeling is that they lean out instead of inward on a turn. my brain was short circuiting.
Same here. I went on one out of Cabo and was really missing my Hourston

For sale 2011 Kingfisher 2825 ($165,000), boat is currently at Poett Nook by Bamfield. Twin Yamaha 150's (700hours), 9.9 Yamaha Kicker. I'm selling this boat for my uncle he is no longer able to enjoy it! This picture is 10 years old when the boat was purchased at Galleon in Richmond. Lowrance HDS 10 and an HDS 8 at the back included, marine BBQ, Radar, some fishing gear. Boat needs bottom paint and a good cleaning! Few minor things broken like fish locker handles, ladder, espar heater installed but never worked. Boat trailer was just rebuilt. Also selling the 2012 25ft Outback trailer that is in a seasonal spot at Poett Nook! ($12,500) can text me for more recent pictures 604-862-8078 Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0035.JPG
    IMG_0035.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 40
One of the guides in Renfrew runs one and they look akward running offshore, guess you need to get use to it, he’s been running that boat for a while

Back