Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Something looks really funky (not in a good way) with the way the water is coming off the back of the pod and the motor in that short running video. If you're looking at this make sure you take a good seatrial in a variety of water conditions!

I cant figure out why they made the Tomcat cabins so fugly
I agree, it is an interesting boat and I want to like it but soo ugly. I’m guessing a bit of a pain loading as well. Ball cap version looks better @kaelc do you know if there is much of a weight difference between this old model and the newer version?

Something looks really funky (not in a good way) with the way the water is coming off the back of the pod and the motor in that short running video. If you're looking at this make sure you take a good seatrial in a variety of water conditions!
Isn’t it proposing badly in the video as well? There is one in the north island with new power that’s a better deal imho
I agree, it is an interesting boat and I want to like it but soo ugly. I’m guessing a bit of a pain loading as well. Ball cap version looks better @kaelc do you know if there is much of a weight difference between this old model and the newer version?
They added two Armstrong brackets and likely a bunch of other stuff including the eyebrow. Probably another 1000lbs. Some guys like the performance of the 24 old style over the 255 new style. You can look up the old performance numbers etc on the way back machine. I made an offer on a 24 with beaching damage, but couldn’t come to an agreement and had to walk away after driving down to Oregon. Looks like this guy added a new Lowrance.

Isn’t it proposing badly in the video as well? There is one in the north island with new power that’s a better deal imho

They added two Armstrong brackets and likely a bunch of other stuff including the eyebrow. Probably another 1000lbs. Some guys like the performance of the 24 old style over the 255 new style. You can look up the old performance numbers etc on the way back machine. I made an offer on a 24 with beaching damage, but couldn’t come to an agreement and had to walk away after driving down to Oregon. Looks like this guy added a new Lowrance.
Interesting, this offer was since owing your cruiser? Looking for better wave/chop performance or just a slightly larger hull and more HP?
I did try that link you provided before on the way back machine but it didn’t work. I’m not that familiar with the site so will mess around a bit more. Thanks.

Where's this other cat you speak of? Link please

Where's this other cat you speak of? Link please
Interesting, this offer was since owing your cruiser? Looking for better wave/chop performance or just a slightly larger hull and more HP?
I did try that link you provided before on the way back machine but it didn’t work. I’m not that familiar with the site so will mess around a bit more. Thanks.
Made an offer on the 24 tomcat back in the fall of 2017 I think a few months before buying my 25 cruiser. I would like to get out on a 255 tomcat but The similar size and the burden of tax and rigging a boat the way you want make it not worth switching. The dual power is nice and the cat in some conditions is nicer but the benefits of that hull vs the dory are not in every wave condition. A freeman on the other hand :)

Prices can feel insane after conversion!
Here’s a 2020 tomcat 255 for 175k usd

The Skipper 19 is well known to porpoise and be sensitive to trim.I've made multiple changes to mine so that it is minimized.The biggest single difference was changing to a 4 blade prop.I think it's caused by Seasport using the 22 mold shrunk down I assume with a stern "plug".It's changed the center of balance to the 19 hull and they didn't use a hull extension pod which would have helped a lot.The boat has so many good things going for it I'm very happy with it now.

The Skipper 19 is well known to porpoise and be sensitive to trim.I've made multiple changes to mine so that it is minimized.The biggest single difference was changing to a 4 blade prop.I think it's caused by Seasport using the 22 mold shrunk down I assume with a stern "plug".It's changed the center of balance to the 19 hull and they didn't use a hull extension pod which would have helped a lot.The boat has so many good things going for it I'm very happy with it now.
Do you think the fuel tank of the 19 is in the 22 mold position if a plug was used? This could cause the hull to be unbalanced from new as the fuel tank would be further forward or aft due to the tank position not being adjusted for the smaller build length.

Back