Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

When looking at boat prices do you think that boats that come with moorage command a higher price?

I know at Reed Point your moorage can go with the boat only if you sell your boat via Thunderbird Yacht Sales and your boat is no older than 20 years.

Some folks I have spoken to at the marina who want to buy a bigger boat , are wating until they can get a larger slip before listing their boat for sale.

I wouldn’t think much higher, but large boats with moorage are more likely to sell in a good economy in locations like vancouver with tight moorage supply. My buddy was hesitant in Victoria to pull the trigger due to moorage availability then bought a boat house in advance of his two footies 18-28 feetitus. He then bought and sold his boat quickly, this was in the spring of this year. He got his boat at a significant discount off the original asking price off one of the owners of freedom marine.

I often think boats with a trailer will sell for more but I think it all comes down to seller and buyer motivation. I’d be tempted if I was boat shopping to jump on this, if I wanted a boat with a trailer. Then again there is an older hull with a 200hp Honda I want not selling without a trailer.

Could have been the motor scaring people away.
I’ll take an Etec all day for a $10k price reduction on a boat. But etecs suck, nobody should buy one. And if you have a broken one, I will only charge you 2x scrap value and dispose of it for you. And if anyone has a running one, I will also come take it off your hands for a low pick-up fee and help you out. Because they suck. ;)

Back