Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

He's gone in with some friends on a bigger boat, likely open to offers considering the monthly morage costs. He did a little more work than bottom paint that year. " Second interior refit in 2023 with new seating, matching Smooth Move suspension seats, diesel heater, and Bluetooth radio. Serviced and new bottom paint and zincs, fall 2023"
Sure looks like a rough and tough boat. Surprised it’s not selling.

Not sure if this is an actual 26 or just LOA, Weldcraft.
I looked at this one in 2016 in the Okanagan when it had twin 150 Hondas. I hesitated and it sold for like 40k.

But it's a Whaler!! (sarcasm!) Same model of boat as the one that cut in front and was struck by the float plane in Coal Harbour back in May

(and yes, I do like Whalers...the older ones. I have a 13ft Whaler. Used to have a 15ft too....that was one of my favourite boats ever)
Yeah, I love all my buddies whalers including a one about 20 years old almost the same. Great boats but retail price approaching the luxury tax!

Why haven't it sold since.. lack of trailer makes it harder to sell... 9'6 .. makes it harder to trailer.. what else am I missing negatives.
It came with a trailer when i looked at it in Kelowna in 2016.

Why haven't it sold since.. lack of trailer makes it harder to sell... 9'6 .. makes it harder to trailer.. what else am I missing negatives.
It's a bit of an unusual setup. Strange sides/ gunnels and odd transom. Bit workboat like. No head. Rough in spots. It's old as aluminum boats go. I suspect a hard ride. Paint was rough if I remember right (been a year and half since I walked by it).

Local 1993 Grady White 20’. $23,500

View attachment 111290
I can't see the ad because I don't do Facebook.
Anyone know much about this model? I'm window shopping and learning about boats in this size range for future purchase.

Most of the Grady’s withr v2 hull design are nice. Hard top is nice but this one seems to be missing the drop curtain and Zip in parts to enclose the helm. Anything 20+ years and older has to be approached carefully for things like rotten wood/transome and leaky fuel tanks. Some old two strokes are good engines but like old boats may be worthless after a major thing goes wrong with them. Having a spare 35k to repower is always good.

IMG_3307.jpeg

I thought about it for a while, ended up deciding I wanted a bit bigger cuddy and different cabin layout with the fam. I never went to look in person but he sent me a video and few extra pics. Seller was friendly enough.

2006 Skagit Orca 24 xlc $133,000.

View attachment 111305
Me and that guy were 2k apart on that thing. He's since had it fully detailed because it showed terribly. Basically he wanted to keep his downriggers and that's what killed it. I wish him luck in his sale.

Me and that guy were 2k apart on that thing. He's since had it fully detailed because it showed terribly. Basically he wanted to keep his downriggers and that's what killed it. I wish him luck in his sale.
It appears to be one of the better priced boats in that size and model. True?

It appears to be one of the better priced boats in that size and model. True?
I still think its a good boat for someone that can look past all the cracked and chipped and stained fiberglass. The inside is in good shape. The power is newer and it goes like snot. He's not far off on the price but he needs to leave a bit of room for negotiation in today's market.

Back