Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

For curiosity sake, if I were to list my restored ‘77 Double Eagle 206, what would a reasonable starting point be?

There is a build thread on here of it but it’s essentially gone over with a fine tooth comb and babied. It isn’t “showroom” as it has a scuff here and there in the gel coat, the interlux paint on the top has some minor nicks etc (hull is original gelcoat and not painted) and there is some original parts like window frames and trim that obviously don’t show new but it’s a nice rig. I have 2 footitis so to speak😂

It has:
- 2016 Suzuki Df300 - 670 hours - fly by wire
- 2012 Yamaha 9.9 high thrust (don’t have an hour meter so not sure but runs strong!
- Nac-1 autopilot with remote
- two shockwave seats
- Ultradeck
- Lowrance HDS 9 live with Halo 20 Radar
- Icom m506 AIS radio with Shakespeare 5225xt antenna
- custom pod/arch etc
- 2012 Roadrunner tandem with surge brakes.
- planar diesel heater
- sunbrella slope back and drop curtains.
- high output washdown
- noco battery charger 5x2
- dual hydraulic Helms
- new aluminum saddle tanks and stainless fillers
- new custom cushions for Cuddy.

The list continues but just a general idea.

Attachments

• IMG_4009.jpeg
    IMG_4009.jpeg
    362.1 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_4937.jpeg
    IMG_4937.jpeg
    579.9 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_2011.jpeg
    IMG_2011.jpeg
    289.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 6B8FC0E3-FC62-42D3-9479-4305C4658564.jpeg
    6B8FC0E3-FC62-42D3-9479-4305C4658564.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_5398.jpeg
    IMG_5398.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_5403.jpeg
    IMG_5403.jpeg
    298.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_5394.jpeg
    IMG_5394.jpeg
    312.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2356.jpeg
    IMG_2356.jpeg
    795.8 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_1491.jpeg
    IMG_1491.jpeg
    273.1 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0975.jpeg
    IMG_0975.jpeg
    777.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
For curiosity sake, if I were to list my restored ‘77 Double Eagle 206, what would a reasonable starting point be?

There is a build thread on here of it but it’s essentially gone over with a fine tooth comb and babied. It isn’t “showroom” as it has a scuff here and there and there is some original parts like window frames and trim that obviously don’t show new but it’s a nice rig. I have 2 footitis so to speak😂

It has:
- 2012 Yamaha 9.9 high thrust (don’t have an hour meter so not sure but runs strong!
- two shockwave seats
- Ultradeck
- Icon 506 ais radio with Shakespeare 5225xt antenna
- custom pod/arch etc
- planar diesel heater
- high output washdown

Sorry I'm going to bump this up because it's more important. Your boat is sweet.

There is a build thread on here of it but it’s essentially gone over with a fine tooth comb and babied. It isn’t “showroom” as it has a scuff here and there and there is some original parts like window frames and trim that obviously don’t show new but it’s a nice rig. I have 2 footitis so to speak😂

It has:
- two shockwave seats
- Ultradeck
- Icon 506 ais radio with Shakespeare 5225xt antenna
- custom pod/arch etc
- planar diesel heater
- high output washdown

This is huge news! One of the baddest boats I’ve ever seen.
Looking to trade to a newer 185?!

There is a build thread on here of it but it’s essentially gone over with a fine tooth comb and babied. It isn’t “showroom” as it has a scuff here and there in the gel coat, the interlux paint on the top has some minor nicks etc (hull is original gelcoat and not painted) and there is some original parts like window frames and trim that obviously don’t show new but it’s a nice rig. I have 2 footitis so to speak😂

It has:
- two shockwave seats
- Ultradeck
- Icom m506 AIS radio with Shakespeare 5225xt antenna
- custom pod/arch etc
- planar diesel heater
- high output washdown
- dual hydraulic Helms
- new aluminum saddle tanks and stainless fillers

Dam that’s nice. Seems more modern and nicer upgrades/features than this Hourston that has been sitting. Yours has full stand-up hight for someone 6 feet under cover and maybe a nicer cuddy? Maybe high to mid 30’s? I feel like the double eagle with older yamahas up in the Comox area was similar but didn't sell around 30k, maybe it sold now? Yours has nicer power I think.

If you are good with electrical and have access to a cheap lowrance, I’d list it with regular seats and strip shockwaves, Lowrance Hds, autopilot and radar and radio. I’d put in cheap stuff and take them to my next boat or if the prospective buyer really wanted them keep them in for $1000 a piece. I did that when selling my hewescraft. It was a pain to strip but rather not pay gst and Pst on gear a second time, much less full purchase price.

PS just my opinion, happy to delete this post if it offends or is way of the mark.

Dam that’s nice. Seems more modern and nicer upgrades/features than this Hourston that has been sitting. Yours has full stand-up hight for someone 6 feet under cover and maybe a nicer cuddy? Maybe high to mid 30’s? I feel like the double eagle with older yamahas up in the Comox area was similar but didn't sell around 30k, maybe it sold now? Yours has nicer power I think.

If you are good with electrical and have access to a cheap lowrance, I’d list it with regular seats and strip shockwaves, Lowrance Hds, autopilot and radar and radio. I’d put in cheap stuff and take them to my next boat or if the prospective buyer really wanted them keep them in for $1000 a piece. I did that when selling my hewescraft. It was a pain to strip but rather not pay gst and Pst on gear a second time, much less full purchase price.

PS just my opinion, happy to delete this post if it offends or is way of the mark.
Appreciate the feedback! I know which Eagle you're referring to. The power had substantially higher hours, and did not have near the components, level of care etc.

I do think anywhere in the 30's is low and a no go unfortunately! I hear you about getting other components. I guess it would depend on the next boat! I'd say I'd likely sell the boat with all the fixings though, as it would be harder to undo my vision and put it back together Mickey mouse.

I could be out to lunch also but who knows😂

Appreciate the feedback! I know which Eagle you're referring to. The power had substantially higher hours, and did not have near the components, level of care etc.

I do think anywhere in the 30's is low and a no go unfortunately! I hear you about getting other components. I guess it would depend on the next boat! I'd say I'd likely sell the boat with all the fixings though, as it would be harder to undo my vision and put it back together Mickey mouse.

I could be out to lunch also but who knows😂
This is a sweet rig.

I'd agree, not comparable to the one sold in the low- mid 20s at all really.

There was a guy in courtenay who sold a fully redone 206 with 250 (had some warranty left) about 2 years ago in the mid 50s. Timing was ideal for the sale and the engine was newer. The boat was well done as is yours. Market has come bacl to earth from a couple years back, so I'd think mid to high 40s.

Out of curiosity, what do you get for rpm and mpg at 26mph? That thing must do 55.

That's a beauty resto you did. I always rubber neck when I go by that boat.

This is a sweet rig.

I'd agree, not comparable to the one sold in the low- mid 20s at all really.

There was a guy in courtenay who sold a fully redone 206 with 250 (had some warranty left) about 2 years ago in the mid 50s. Timing was ideal for the sale and the engine was newer. The boat was well done as is yours. Market has come bacl to earth from a couple years back, so I'd think mid to high 40s.

Out of curiosity, what do you get for rpm and mpg at 26mph? That thing must do 55.

That's a beauty resto you did. I always rubber neck when I go by that boat.

Ya that's more of the range I had in mind for sure!

As for economy, assuming the weather is favourable, I'm running the boat in the 3600-4000rpm range. 3600rpm is generally about 26mph at around 6.5gph. 4000rpm is about 31mph at 8.5-9gph.

Top speed is 55 but it's too fast and flying by the seat of your pants haha. The extra power is good in the swell for wave mitigating.

Last edited:
Back