Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

My 15 hour trip to the Island to look at boats was a bust. I can't believe the condition people keep their boats in while listed. 9.5 hours of driving. I had no idea that Cowichan Lake road was such a goat path either. What an adventure. I'm more depressed than ever about selling my boat now.

My 15 hour trip to the Island to look at boats was a bust. I can't believe the condition people keep their boats in while listed. 9.5 hours of driving. I had no idea that Cowichan Lake road was such a goat path either. What an adventure. I'm more depressed than ever about selling my boat now.
All that bilge-sniffing for nothing 😢

How did that 27’ shaft orca check out. I’m assuming not good and hence the depressed state.

Brutal. Did not show well AT ALL. Got to see the Nook for the first time though. Interesting spot.
Sucks it was a waste of time for you. First red flag is when someone says "testing the waters", "putting feelers out there" etc. To me that means the person isn't serious at all and has way overpriced what they have and could care less about making what their selling look attractive to buyers. Second red flag is the guy has it falsely listed as a 2019 when clearly it's not. And lastly you have to zoom in on the pictures to see some serious wear and tear on the deck, and inside.

Last edited:
Sucks it was a waste of time for you. First red flag is when someone says "testing the waters", "putting feelers out there" etc. To me that means the person isn't serious at all and has way overpriced what they have and could care less about making what their selling look attractive to buyers. Second red flag is the guy has it falsely listed as a 2019 when clearly it's not. And lastly you have to zoom in on the pictures to see some serious wear and tare on the deck, and inside.
Couldn't agree with you more. I will say that it wasn't a total waste of time though. It's good to see what the used market is like. What type of wear to expect etc. In order for me to know what I do want, I want to be sure of what I DON'T want.

Couldn't agree with you more. I will say that it wasn't a total waste of time though. It's good to see what the used market is like. What type of wear to expect etc. In order for me to know what I do want, I want to be sure of what I DON'T want.
Stizz did cream the crop on deals but I take the lesson smaller is better as one can buy newer and not bet the farm and two years in still have lots of options on bigger boats and see for sure which way market is going
At the same time I’ll look at some properties on the island and if the right boat kicks me in the stizzass might have to pony up

Twins 150’s!

2006 Skagit Orca 24SC $136,000

2006 Skagit Orca with one of the rare factory pods. 24’ with Pod. Meticulously maintained with too many upgrades to list! Low-hour (125 hour) 2022 twin Yamaha 150 hp outboards, 2015 9.9 Yamaha kicker, marine head, dinette, v-berth enclosure, galley with sink and cooktop, 12-v refrigerator, shore power, full second station controls, 3rd helm at stern for fishing, port and starboard windshield wipers, a front opening window, diesel blower for cooktop, Lowrance HDS electronics package w/ 12" multifunction display and radar, Standard Horizon VHF radio, full second station helm w/ controls, rocket launchers, windless anchor, upgraded stereo system, hydraulic trim tabs, plus much much more! Includes a tandem-axle trailer w/ brakes! Freshly professionally polished and new bottom paint.

This boat is truly turn-key!

View attachment 109836View attachment 109835
View attachment 109837
That is a sweet ride!!!

Basically new Silver Streak for sale. Always hate to think what the story is when someone buys such a nice boat only to sell it off immediately.

Back