Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

it does seem better than I have been seeing
And would make an excellent choice if it surveys well
Weren’t those engines prone to some big issues would need it scoped and an updated list of repairs if any balancer and oil seal ?

The Yamaha 3.3L V6s (of which this 2007 F250 is one) are prone to "dry exhaust" corrosion. The problem seemed much more common in 2006 and earlier models and particularly the 225s. If the corrosion got really bad it could actually corrode the engine block near the oil pump and if that happened the motor is done.

I run this same motor and it's a great performer. Should be a good match for this Grady. You can have a mechanic use a video scope to look inside the exhaust tube when the lower unit is removed for servicing.

did you send a deposit?
Not yet !
Lol I’m in no hurry still exploring the little boat option might be convinced to look at bigger options as that’s what I really want
Hard to beat a package with only 115 hrs on it that’s damn near new condition
Tough choice ?
Quarter acre on island for summer and small boat
Or jump into big boat with bigger expense and delay retirement a year or two

Why do I hear the jeopardy theme music playing in my brain ?

Not yet !
Lol I’m in no hurry still exploring the little boat option might be convinced to look at bigger options as that’s what I really want
Hard to beat a package with only 115 hrs on it that’s damn near new condition
Tough choice ?
Quarter acre on island for summer and small boat
Or jump into big boat with bigger expense and delay retirement a year or two

Why do I hear the jeopardy theme music playing in my brain ?
Understood. I won’t tag you on any listings going forward.

Interesting older Ironwood up for sale with new twins installed.

I think these Ironwoods are always worth a close look - too bad the pictures aren't better. They usually sell pretty quick and have a reputation for being very solidly built.

Well, now you’re really gone full circle. Where is the block button? Lol
Lol, at some point I’m gonna do the pool it’s a given
But would like to build my own for it after retirement during winters I should have a bunch of time !
Till then I plan on at least one if not two power boats because there is always a learning curve so I’m still shopping
I just like boats
Got a problem with that it’s not my problem! Oh wait a minute if I’m buying the boat it would be my problem hmmm doh !
IMG_2114.jpeg

I give it about 3 months until Loghauler buys a jetboat and ghosts from the forum
Lol prices are headed in the right direction and if it’s a boat I’m gonna keep for awhile why would I buy old ? Not saying old is junk as a rule it’s cubit dollars to rebuild old boats
So that’s a first lesson that some of the crew on here made apparent and next is getting the boat suited to your activities and never last or least is safety safety safety
I’ll get a great for me boat that I can learn and explore the island from a base “ on the island”
It’s funny though soon as I get interested in one angle someone brings up a different angle so it’s all helping to shorten the learning curve believe me when I say I appreciate it 95% of the time 👍🏻

Interesting older Ironwood up for sale with new twins installed.

I think these Ironwoods are always worth a close look - too bad the pictures aren't better. They usually sell pretty quick and have a reputation for being very solidly built.

Man there's a couple ironwood boats that moore at Pirate's Cove and I've always loved the look of them. If I was shopping in that category they would be close to the top of the list.

Man there's a couple ironwood boats that moore at Pirate's Cove and I've always loved the look of them. If I was shopping in that category they would be close to the top of the list.
I think they are closed - but the website is still up and he has a really good write up / FAQ on aluminum boat construction. Its also kind of interesting / distinctive that on some of the larger boats he mounts the dual mains wider apart and puts the kicker in the middle.

One of the Lodges has a YouTube video where he gives a tour of an Ironwood Centre console:

I've seen a few in the wild and they are definitely 'built'

Back