Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

IMG_2102.jpeg
Barely 1 foot itis but it’s got a running motor for same price as the 23 ‘ landed with no motor and it sure will trailer and launch nice

View attachment 109367
Barely 1 foot itis but it’s got a running motor for same price as the 23 ‘ landed with no motor and it sure will trailer and launch nice
Looks clean. Good deal?
Anyone familiar with these boats and that vintage?

Looks clean. Good deal?
I’ve read a bit, no wood in the hull from all that I’ve read
And it’s a lot heavier than my 18 with 120 hp
So nice boat but not what I really want although it would be a big step in the right direction
But it’s no tuna boat

Looks clean. Good deal?
Might be a two stroke? Not really enough info as I doubt there is 115 hours on a 115hp. I’d ask, how many hours, age of kicker and if they are 4 strokes, last time impellers were done, trailer serviced and tires replaced?

Canvas condition as well. How the boat and canvas was stored will help value it.

All fishing gear included could push it into a good deal territory.

Might be a two stroke? Not really enough info as I doubt there is 115 hours on a 115hp. I’d ask, how many hours, age of kicker and if they are 4 strokes, last time impellers were done, trailer serviced and tires replaced?

Canvas condition as well. How the boat and canvas was stored will help value it.

All fishing gear included could push it into a good deal territory.
I believe they are two strokes, don’t need a lot of gear as I’d pile my stuff into the next hull so I’d rather get a price reduction on stuff
Maybe even the trailer although single axles can’t be worth lots

No comment, actually speechless
Maybe they are looking to upgrade to hong li Yang 3

Trophy Pro 22' model 2002 - $21,500 outboard model.​

There’s a hot deal. Light power tho

I think the older trophy has some wood in the construction newer one doesn’t
Nice boat though
I don’t know the exact year. I thought it was 2000. That one looks pretty clean with no bottom paint so I think it might be a good one. Still no desire to go the US of A for a boat in the lower price range

I don’t know the exact year. I thought it was 2000. That one looks pretty clean with no bottom paint so I think it might be a good one. Still no desire to go the US of A for a boat in the lower price range
Good eye I didn’t notice the Seattle address
I believe it was 2005 with the hull redesign
Look at the lines on the newer ones
Higher prow and the stern isn’t so boxy looking

Good eye I didn’t notice the Seattle address
I believe it was 2005 with the hull redesign
Look at the lines on the newer ones
Higher prow and the stern isn’t so boxy looking
The Pro designation has something to do with the different build components too, from what others have said on here in the past.

If it surveys well, composite should not be required.

Last edited:
I believe they are two strokes, don’t need a lot of gear as I’d pile my stuff into the next hull so I’d rather get a price reduction on stuff
Maybe even the trailer although single axles can’t be worth lots
Yikes, got to price right in this market. Nothing wrong with a nice lower hour boat with two strokes, but lots of dual and single engine 2 stroke boats for sale right now, so moving them is ultra tough

I think the older trophy has some wood in the construction newer one doesn’t
Nice boat though
I don’t know if that’s entirely true. I had a survey done on a 2359 (2003) last year. When I asked, surveyor said it’s false…composite stringers, yes, but wood transom.

Not saying he is right, but just what he told me

I don’t know if that’s entirely true. I had a survey done on a 2359 (2003) last year. When I asked, surveyor said it’s false…composite stringers, yes, but wood transom.

Not saying he is right, but just what he told me
Ya I’m no expert lol
Thought I read somewhere that the newer hull on the pro was wood free 2005 and up
But apparently anyone can put anything on the interwebber, who knew 🤣

On a more interested topic I’m wondering about the fuel consumption and distance one would travel on a two stroke 115 merc with 200 lt tank
Would it safely get a person fifty miles out
I know my 120. 2 stroke is thirsty on a trip
From Vernon to Kelowna on okanogan lk a stop for fuel to get me home is mandatory and yes smaller tank but but it uses the better part of 100 lt and it’s only 45 miles give or take and it’s on smooth water
Maybe a repower would be in the best interest of my plans after a year or two or an upgrade to a bigger boat but the idea grows on me that a smaller boat is going to be better as 98 % of the time I’ll be solo and I’m not too worried about bad weather or events because I believe in planning ahead and having ones ducks in a row and in the worst case scenario put your plan into action
And smaller doesn’t mean unsafe as it’s still a blue water boat all things being equal and it’s maintained
Did read about a few trophy’s having problems with the bait tank filling the boat so that would be an area to look at
And I’ve read they have bronze through hulls and stainless rigging with backing plates
So I’m probably overthinking things as usual
But that’s what I do lol
Main thing is the price range is attractive and it checks a bunch of box’s in the yes column

Ya I’m no expert lol
Thought I read somewhere that the newer hull on the pro was wood free 2005 and up
But apparently anyone can put anything on the interwebber, who knew 🤣

On a more interested topic I’m wondering about the fuel consumption and distance one would travel on a two stroke 115 merc with 200 lt tank
Would it safely get a person fifty miles out
I know my 120. 2 stroke is thirsty on a trip
From Vernon to Kelowna on okanogan lk a stop for fuel to get me home is mandatory and yes smaller tank but but it uses the better part of 100 lt and it’s only 45 miles give or take and it’s on smooth water
Maybe a repower would be in the best interest of my plans after a year or two or an upgrade to a bigger boat but the idea grows on me that a smaller boat is going to be better as 98 % of the time I’ll be solo and I’m not too worried about bad weather or events because I believe in planning ahead and having ones ducks in a row and in the worst case scenario put your plan into action
And smaller doesn’t mean unsafe as it’s still a blue water boat all things being equal and it’s maintained
Did read about a few trophy’s having problems with the bait tank filling the boat so that would be an area to look at
And I’ve read they have bronze through hulls and stainless rigging with backing plates
So I’m probably overthinking things as usual
But that’s what I do lol
Main thing is the price range is attractive and it checks a bunch of box’s in the yes column
A good surveyor will answer most of your questions about the integrity of the hull, which areas to look for trouble on certain makes and models. They have databases of most boats that were built. So lean on your surveyor and your mechanic when you finally do make an offer.

Back