Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Holy f***! Can a person give their opinion without an argument?
How do you think I feel my boat that has served me ably for twenty years is a capri 18 foot bow rider and gets me on the ocean and has caught fish is the lowest of low and most on here wouldn’t set eyes on it let alone a foot on it
And the boat I want is getting torn apart in the comments except for a few !
The comments range from don’t waste your money to you must have too much money
I think some of the comments are just from trolls with nothing better to do !
And the ones that are trying to be helpful get trolled as well for putting their opinions out as well
The discussion is lively for sure and is appreciated but let’s keep it appropriate without personal insults As it’s not conducive to the meaning of the thread by bashing ideas or actual boat types
I personally think most have good intentions but use negative language that crosses into personal barbs with no need to
Let’s keep it clean and none insulting
I will buy my boat and will be happy with it when I do as it will be a huge upgrade from what I have wether it be a ______ or a _____
It will most likely be a Grady or on of the other high end blue water boats
But the biggest thing I’ve noticed is gradies and Boston whalers hold their value well !
And to me that says something
And at the end of the day it’s my money I can do what I want
Opinions are appreciated insults are not !
Discussion is valuable, arguments are counterproductive !

As I have mentioned I’m not on Facebook but some pages let me in some don’t
So no I haven’t seen the one in Vernon as it won’t let me

Sold last year for 25 k at a local dealer in vancouver before I could get to it. 44k might be fair if the main was replaced with a new 150, but I fail to see how it's gained 19k in value since then...

As most of you guys know I've owned a lot of boats over the years.The 208 Grady that I've owned for the last 2 years was the best quality built boat I've ever had.Nothing bad to say about it.I let it go 2 weeks ago to a couple that had a wanted ad looking for that model Grady and I got a price that I couldn't refuse. So yes there's a lot of Grady hype,but most of it is earned by good design,quality materials throughout ,quality control and great resale value.
Time to change your profile pic… again!

Sold last year for 25 k at a local dealer in vancouver before I could get to it. 44k might be fair if the main was replaced with a new 150, but I fail to see how it's gained 19k in value since then...
Was that the one at Galleon? How do you know it’s the same?

How do you think I feel my boat that has served me ably for twenty years is a capri 18 foot bow rider and gets me on the ocean and has caught fish is the lowest of low and most on here wouldn’t set eyes on it let alone a foot on it
And the ones that are trying to be helpful get trolled as well for putting their opinions out as well
The discussion is lively for sure and is appreciated but let’s keep it appropriate without personal insults As it’s not conducive to the meaning of the thread by bashing ideas or actual boat types
I personally think most have good intentions but use negative language that crosses into personal barbs with no need to
I will buy my boat and will be happy with it when I do as it will be a huge upgrade from what I have wether it be a ______ or a _____
But the biggest thing I’ve noticed is gradies and Boston whalers hold their value well !

I wasn’t trying to tear anything apart. Was just sharing my experience after being in the biz for 40 years….take it with a grain of salt. I feel there are better options personally.

BTW, nice truck. Before the fishing biz I was a driver and appreciate nice iron

It’s a great boat but the walk around was a waste of space for me and honestly the ride didn’t compare to the 26 Hourston or the 26 Slickcraft which were both podded
Looks like this one doesn’t waste any space
Just wondering where to mount the downriggers

Should have a good ride as well lots of displacement ! Lol
Whoops am I doing it too
Trolling the trolls hahaha 🤪
I digress
One post about some idea doesn’t mean I’ve changed my choice or need a message war about what boat to buy
My wants are still the same
Like aquaholic says 23 wa in a trailerable with a set of twins preferably Yamis or mercs
And I’m in no hurry to grab the first boat I see as I have a boat to scratch the itch and get a thrill once in awhile ( see previous post about going out too early before light enough lol ) and learn on the big water ( ie how much wind can push or the current can carry you )
and much much more but again I digress
I appreciate info and data and the give and take of some well meant fun
But let’s leave the personal insults out
Cant we all get along lol 😂

Attachments

• IMG_2010.jpeg
    IMG_2010.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 7
I wasn’t trying to tear anything apart. Was just sharing my experience after being in the biz for 40 years….take it with a grain of salt. I feel there are better options personally.

Forty years would give you a lot of insight for sure !
Could learn tons from a guy like you
Mind if I keep a gps tab on your boats lol
It will be more of a hobby for me and I’ll mostly be solo no biz to consider and maybe I’ll make it through my first full summer on the water or maybe not lol it’s all in the learning with the right kind of thrills
Keep up the insight and laughs it’s good to meet

Thanks, bosses truck I just take care of her
I was owner operator of a 88 w900 for five years. I prefer driving a truck with a contract spot ie steady work
And working on it after a twelve to fifteen hour day is better left to the shop guys so I can sleep and do it again the next day as I was younger didn’t need as much sleep lol
Looking forward to semi retirement of summers on the water and haul during winter
Then full retirement when I find a spot I like close to my hobbies

Was that the one at Galleon? How do you know it’s the same?
Im pretty sure this boat was at Galeon in 2003. I had just bought an 03 1825sk with an extended transom or I would have bought this one. The hulls on the boats were very well designed and had a soft ride compared to other models of Harbercrafts. I was out in some pretty nasty water and never dipped the bow.

Im pretty sure this boat was at Galeon in 2003. I had just bought an 03 1825sk with an extended transom or I would have bought this one. The hulls on the boats were very well designed and had a soft ride compared to other models of Harbercrafts. I was out in some pretty nasty water and never dipped the bow.
Ok, I think we are talking about different boats. Looks like a nice unit but we’ll see what the market thinks of that price

Its a 2000 2470 with 2017 twin 150 mercs . 700 ish hours . tuna outriggers , radar , etc. Might be worth asking a friend whos on FB to let you look!

Thanks, bosses truck I just take care of her
I was owner operator of a 88 w900 for five years. I prefer driving a truck with a contract spot ie steady work
And working on it after a twelve to fifteen hour day is better left to the shop guys so I can sleep and do it again the next day as I was younger didn’t need as much sleep lol
Looking forward to semi retirement of summers on the water and haul during winter
Then full retirement when I find a spot I like close to my hobbies
I get the long hours. I ran hiway and oil patch before log books 🙄.

Back