Any fish at Cap?

• Thread starter Thread starter Brisco
  • Start date Start date
Went out on Sat. 2 hours before high tide and managed to boat a 27lb male white Spring!Trolled around for a couple more hours without a sniff.We didn't see any others caught but did hear that 1 charter got 3.I'm sure the pro dudes must have got their share!Saw quite a few cruising right at the surface.Bummed out now, 3 weeks 7 days a week night shift =no more fishing for a while.Winter feeders next I guess.

I was up at the Cleveland Dam (it regulates the flow of the Cap) yesterday, and I've never seen the reservoir that low. It will take a LOT of rain before the reservoir is full and they begin to release water. Until then the flow of the Cap will be almost entirely made up of the immediate incidental runoff from small streams below the dam. The boys at the hatchery directly below the dam expect to see fish returning well into November, so perhaps all is not lost... Here's hoping!

what boat launch do you guys use to get to the cap?? how much does it cost?
thx

Nice to hear of such a big one from over there fishallspec. Got your email. That new one you gave me isnt working today. Later, Mike.

Orion91. The one at Kits Point is about 8 bucks. I like about 7feet of tide to get the boat on or off the trailer easily there. Lotsa guys do it with less but I dont like to put my van rims in the salt, and dont have 4wd.

The closest to the Cap of course is Ambleside. I have not been there in years, but that is for sure your best ramp to fish the Cap. Helps to have 2 guys when launching at Ambleside. One for the boat, one for the vehicle and trailer.

MacDonald Beach in Richmond has an excellent launch. Costs 8 bucks or you can get a seasons pass if it works for you. It's on the North Arm of the Fraser R. 5 nautical miles gets you down the river to the mouth from the launch and then another 7 nautical miles gets you around to the Cap. You gotta keep a close eye out for all the driftwood and deadheads in the river. The launch is good even at super low tides ( 1 foot)There is also the bonus that you are launching and retreiving in fresh water

Wednesday I was out before the high and got a 19 lb white. Fleet was down to five boats and a kayak mooching. It took a purple haze mini squid at 50' in 80' of water.

Fish goddess was generous once more.

Any of you mainland guy's know the likes of the Assonitis brothers ( Jason and Damion) or Lucas from Bonnie lee's., if so hook em up to the site.. I have lost their contact info from season's past. Thanx in advance-dirty

quote:Originally posted by Dirtdog67

Any of you mainland guy's know the likes of the Assonitis brothers ( Jason and Damion) or Lucas from Bonnie lee's., if so hook em up to the site.. I have lost their contact info from season's past. Thanx in advance-dirty

I know those fellas.

This may help you get ahold of those fellas.

BonChovy Fishing Charters.

www.bonchovy.com Jason Assonitis is one of the owners---contact info on the website.

Or if ya want---contact Bonnie Lee. Kevin Addie is the owner---604 290 7447.

Oh its good to hear from fishin magician.......have not seen him since his days working the dock at Langara. A lot of humourous stories there......maybe he will tell his infamous tale of having a bathroom emergency at Coneehaw rock with clients onboard a 19 ft. whaler, his guests still relay the story. Glad to hear your the man in Vancouver Harbour!

quote:Originally posted by powder

Oh its good to hear from fishin magician.......have not seen him since his days working the dock at Langara. A lot of humourous stories there......maybe he will tell his infamous tale of having a bathroom emergency at Coneehaw rock with clients onboard a 19 ft. whaler, his guests still relay the story. Glad to hear your the man in Vancouver Harbour!

I wouldn't call myself the man-----

Now here's a real live one---- POWDER! LMAO! That goes back a ways, 1999 I think it was when we last saw eachother. Last I heard Austin Powers said you made yourself a bigshot lawyer and you now have a pimped out $350,000 Porsche with a ton of broads in skimpy bikinis hanging off you.

Lots of hilarious memories. Especially you doing a fly by *within 8'* in a 21' Whaler with a 225 Merc at 40 MPH.

You do much fishing these days?

I'm taking an extended weekend and going fishing today---destination--T10.

went out this afternoon and fished the evening high tide... got an 19# but it was black as hell.... fished the cap in close... it looked like predator had at least 8 on.... nice day though...
tight lines,

waddy

Boated a 15 and 20 pounder in short order late this afternoon. Seemed like there were lots of fish around, jumping and on the surface, but guys were saying it was slow. Nice sunny fall day, with not too many boats. :)

quote:Originally posted by waddy

went out this afternoon and fished the evening high tide... got an 19# but it was black as hell.... fished the cap in close... it looked like predator had at least 8 on.... nice day though...
tight lines,

waddy

Yup. There's a few there. :) :)

quote:Originally posted by Red Monster

Boated a 15 and 20 pounder in short order late this afternoon. Seemed like there were lots of fish around, jumping and on the surface, but guys were saying it was slow. Nice sunny fall day, with not too many boats. :)

Which boat were you out there this aft Red Monster? Either of your fish marbled?

I was out on Saturday the 14th. There's a big spring out there now with an anchovie rig in his mouth. I was at 25' in 30' of water close to shore near the pink apartment. Put on a show for the landlubbers for about 15 minutes with a few good jumps. Then the bugger came straight for the boat. I thought I lost it, but there it was 5 feet from the boat, then it went straight down so hard that that I bruised the bone on my forearm, and cut my wrist on the gunnel. I figure the line must have clipped the prop and he was gone. I couldn't get my rod down into the water fast enough to clear the prop.
15 minutes of pure adrenaline! Been thinking about that fish all week.

My ride is an 18-foot red and white Sangster.

Both appeared to be whites.

I guess for some it had been a slow afternoon so seeing my badly bent rod, a guy in a passing boat yesterday asked if I was caught on the bottom.

"No, I have a fish on," I said calmly while trying to play the fish and steer the boat away from the Lions Gate Bridge in the flooding current.

"Do you think it's a spring?????" the guy asked in earnst.

Watching for the steady flow of freighters I replied, "Ah... yes. I think so." :)

red monster were you out by yourself? If you were i think i saw you playing one of your fish yesterday

Flying solo makes it all the more sporting, don't you think? :D

Ya, I saw your Double Eagle, Wads. How did I look with a fish screaming line off my reel? :D

Back