Any fish at Cap?

• Thread starter Thread starter Brisco
  • Start date Start date
quote:Originally posted by Pangaea

Makes me wonder whether my time might be better spent out by the QA marker, T10 or even Sandheads? I'm going to try to be out at first light on Saturday, though the tides won't be ideal. Got some plump, shiny 'chovies at Berry's today, so if that's what they want...

Good luck out there. There is TONS of open water. The T10/Sandheads area could be a good bet!!!

Let us know how it works out.

Like I said a week ago...

quote:I would think that more springs will have arrived and this will continue to occur for the next while and until a big rain happens

And then, big surprize, others...

quote:You guys may want to read what Dave has to say ...we're going to have to wait for rain

Okay, so let's keep our fingers crossed and maybe some fish will show up. [8D]

quote:Originally posted by Red Monster

Like I said a week ago...

quote:I would think that more springs will have arrived and this will continue to occur for the next while and until a big rain happens

And then, big surprize, others...

quote:You guys may want to read what Dave has to say ...we're going to have to wait for rain

Okay, so let's keep our fingers crossed and maybe some fish will show up. [8D]

Is there anyone on this forum who can remember the last time springs and coho were this late? *that is of course implying and assuming that they are coming* I'm trying to remember, may have been 1996, 1994 was great, 1995 was good... gosh..this goes back a long ways...

Dont worry. They will come and they will bite. I bet Monday will be a slabfest.

quote:Originally posted by dog

Dont worry. They will come and they will bite. I bet Monday will be a slabfest.

Thanksgiving! :) Woo Hoo!

Will it be turkey or white spring this year?

Maybe put some dressing in that big white too! And don't forget the pumpkin pie for dessert. [8D]

Anybody went out today or going out in the next 2 days? Remember to report back afterwards.
i'm going out on monday in the morning. hpe will get something.

Anybody went out today or going out in the next 2 days? Remember to report back afterwards.

orion are you headed for the mouth or the pink hotel or any area around there? What type of boat or boat name? Heading out then as well....

orion are you headed for the mouth or the pink hotel or any area around there? What type of boat or boat name? Heading out then as well....

quote:Originally posted by orion91

Here's a report for you.

Yesterday, 3 springs hooked, 2 chums. FOR THE FLEET!!!!!

Today, 2 chums taken in the morning. 1 beauty 30 lber in the evening. FOR THE FLEET.

That should be a good snapshot of the West Van area based on reports from 10 acquaintance boats on the water, everyone with more time on their hands to watch everyone else catch...you guessed it...NOTHING!

There ya go.

quote:Originally posted by orion91

Here's a report for you.

Yesterday, 3 springs hooked, 2 chums. FOR THE FLEET!!!!!

Today, 2 chums taken in the morning. 1 beauty 30 lber in the evening. FOR THE FLEET.

That should be a good snapshot of the West Van area based on reports from 10 acquaintance boats on the water, everyone with more time on their hands to watch everyone else catch...you guessed it...NOTHING!

There ya go.

WOW That would of been a nice day,

I'm going to be in a double eagle ( Bright Orange, 16ft ) Boat on monday. fishing at the mouth and around.

Wondering how deep is good for around there?

WOW That would of been a nice day,

I'm going to be in a double eagle ( Bright Orange, 16ft ) Boat on monday. fishing at the mouth and around.

Wondering how deep is good for around there?

I often fish the mouth to the Pink Apt. Usually 70ft of water, anchovie or army truck at 35ft.
Lately no luck, @ weeks ago I got a 19lb spring and a 20lb chum within 1 1/2 hours at the QA

I often fish the mouth to the Pink Apt. Usually 70ft of water, anchovie or army truck at 35ft.
Lately no luck, @ weeks ago I got a 19lb spring and a 20lb chum within 1 1/2 hours at the QA

also wondering about what kind of hook can be used for catching springs?
3 prong?
i know no barbs are allowed but still wondering about 3 prong hooks.

yea 3 prongs are allowed just snip em... Will see you out there orion... im in a 17' double eagle... white boat with blue cover... I will admit im only 16 but see you out there

quote:Originally posted by waddy

yea 3 prongs are allowed just snip em... Will see you out there orion... im in a 17' double eagle... white boat with blue cover... I will admit im only 16 but see you out there

HEY!

3 prongs ARE NOT allowed everywhere over there. Check the regs. 15th Street Pier to South Tower of the Lions Gate No Trebles Allowed!. Check your regs. 15mm maximum from the Point to the Shank of the hook.

Heard you on the water this morning Waddy--think I saw your boat out there too.

Back