Any fish at Cap?

• Thread starter Thread starter Brisco
  • Start date Start date
quote:Originally posted by orion15

WOW That would of been a nice day,

I'm going to be in a double eagle ( Bright Orange, 16ft ) Boat on monday. fishing at the mouth and around.

Wondering how deep is good for around there?

Hey.

Updated report from this morn...Sunday.

For the entire fleet out there (30 boats), I know of 3 Springs landed. I was one of the lucky boats. 1 22lb White. 1 12lb Canadian Mint Red for my buddies---what a beauty!, and 1 other fish I didn't see him land, but I believe he got it.

VERY slow over there for the effort going in. Anyways, I'm off the water but 2 of my pals are out there this afternoon still.

Tight lines.

May fish again tomorrow.

quote:Originally posted by fishin_magician
HEY!

3 prongs ARE NOT allowed everywhere over there. Check the regs. 15th Street Pier to South Tower of the Lions Gate No Trebles Allowed!. Check your regs. 15mm maximum from the Point to the Shank of the hook.

Heard you on the water this morning Waddy--think I saw your boat out there too.

What? http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/recfish/Tidal/area29_e.htm
It says:
"Barbless hooks must be used when fishing for salmon in all tidal waters of British Columbia."
If you find another website stating otherwise let me know ASAP... freaked me out for a second there.... And that probably wasn't me on the radio... didn't go out today[:p]

quote:Originally posted by waddy

quote:Originally posted by fishin_magician
HEY!

3 prongs ARE NOT allowed everywhere over there. Check the regs. 15th Street Pier to South Tower of the Lions Gate No Trebles Allowed!. Check your regs. 15mm maximum from the Point to the Shank of the hook.

Heard you on the water this morning Waddy--think I saw your boat out there too.

What? http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/recfish/Tidal/area29_e.htm
It says:
"Barbless hooks must be used when fishing for salmon in all tidal waters of British Columbia."
If you find another website stating otherwise let me know ASAP... freaked me out for a second there.... And that probably wasn't me on the radio... didn't go out today[:p]

Hey Waddy.

The Cap mouth is in AREA 28. Barbless Hooks are required.
Here is the page:
http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/recfish/Tidal/area28_e.htm

The passage of particular concern regarding your inquiry about using treble hooks/triples/3 prongs, or whatever other names other people wanna call them is this one:

It is prohibited to use more than two single-pointed hooks in tandem (as when fishing with bait) in the waters of Burrard Inlet near the mouth of the Capilano River from the 14th St. Pier to Prospect Light on the seawall of Stanley Park to the north tower of the Lions Gate Bridge from August 1 to December 31. Each hook must have a single point that measures no greater than 15 mm between the point and the shank of the hook.[/font=Arial Black]There's so many people in violation of this it's RIDICULOUS!!!!

Anyways..Happy Thanksgiving to EVERYONE and tight lines! :)

ok [:0]thanks a lot... didnt realize that... i was told otherwise...

Was out yesterday AM. One 12# white in the boat, lost 2. All were at 86' on anchovies directly in front of the pink apartment. Limited on crab on our return. What a beautiful day for fishing!

How's it in Cap river? Haven't seen much H2O in there! Suppose to rain from the 19th on for a few days.[:p] Sure would like to go out on a boat for the fish but I don't drive. Anybody want any company fishing? I'm in North Burnaby.
Tight lines and leave a few for us landlubbers.:D

quote:Originally posted by Pangaea

Was out yesterday AM. One 12# white in the boat, lost 2. All were at 86' on anchovies directly in front of the pink apartment. Limited on crab on our return. What a beautiful day for fishing!

Went out this morning, very slow... Fished 2 whole herring and one chovie.... One undersize and a couple of hits... At the end of the day when we brought up the lines, one of them didnt even have the herring or teaser head on it (snapped right at the end)... Probably just a fault or a sand shark... got all of our hits directly in front of the pink hotel... it seemed as though all the boats were fishing right at the cap... [V]

Orion, I saw you out there today how'd you fair?

We fished Cap. area today with no luck.Saw one small spring taken.Talked to another guy who claimed to have an 18# on board.We pounded the water with anchovies on 5 foot leaders 20 feet behind the clip and pretty much at bottom.What kind of bugged me was where the regulars were fishing.There were a lot of the pro's missing.

quote:Originally posted by brisco

We fished Cap. area today with no luck.Saw one small spring taken.Talked to another guy who claimed to have an 18# on board.We pounded the water with anchovies on 5 foot leaders 20 feet behind the clip and pretty much at bottom.What kind of bugged me was where the regulars were fishing.There were a lot of the pro's missing.

I was out there, and I'm one of the pros. I got 1 on Sat. and 1 on Sun. As for the rest of the pros, they didn't sell charters for those days.

There's a few guys out there that spend as much time out there as the guides! Those guys gotta get a life! I mean, it's pretty amazing if a pleasure boater is on the water as much as a guide---like wow!

quote:Originally posted by kelly

Maybe they like fishing? Your a pro you must book some time:D

Yeah, I book some time. I've booked a few too many hours that I care to know of. I've fished enough for a few lifetimes already..sigh---wish I could have some of it back....lol.

Good thing I've gone from F/T to P/T pro now---got one of those day jobs with benefits, more money, etc... :) soon, one of these days..I'll be one of the sporties out there more than the guides! LOL!!!!! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

[/quote]

There's a few guys out there that spend as much time out there as the guides! Those guys gotta get a life! I mean, it's pretty amazing if a pleasure boater is on the water as much as a guide---like wow!
[/quote]

I used to be one of those guys, just happy to be on the water. Catching a fish was a bonus. If you don't have to do it, it's a pleasure. I'm still out there every chance I get. Now I have to work til 6pm, so I only have the weekends.
See ya on the water.

Thursday's update. The fleet was thinned to about 24 boats this morning. Fished the mid-day high and was rewarded with a 15 lb teenager. The hookset was through the lower mandible or it would have slipped me. Twice it went around the line and once on the downrigger.

I netted everything from rodholder to motor. Brutal. Hunting season interrupts the groove you get into.

Couldn't induce a second take.

Looks like the fall weather is finally here. Hope the rains bring the salmon up the Cap. Can't wait to reel in those ones itching to go up the river. Anyone seen if the river's been filling up? Sure would like to know so I can get out there. It's been a long time.
fishcatcher

Is it ever really nice out, like no waves or wind. How do you tell when its going to be like that?
Last time i went out it was pretty ruff and when you have people that get sea sick its even worse. Its also pretty hard to bring in a fish.
:):)

Back