300k boat for 200k

And not on the water like the fine officers in uniform, but the ones in office, sorry didn’t want to offend anyone…

Look, Doug? , U haven’t posted anything yet remotely connected to the thread title, and the other thread also as a matter of fact.
Y don’t u stop being a clown or goof or hmmmmbag or whatever you want to call yourself. We all know you’re one of the top guys on this forum and know your stuff inside and out, you walk around thanking vendors on behalf of sportsfishingbc like you are some kind of spokesperson.
My advice, act the part, you are giving this forum the reputation of being filled with hmmmmmbags

Now please….. can we get back to some boat ideas? I really want to pull the trigger sooner than later

Look, Doug? , U haven’t posted anything yet remotely connected to the thread title, and the other thread also as a matter of fact.
Y don’t u stop being a clown or goof or hmmmmbag or whatever you want to call yourself. We all know you’re one of the top guys on this forum and know your stuff inside and out, you walk around thanking vendors on behalf of sportsfishingbc like you are some kind of spokesperson.
My advice, act the part, you are giving this forum the reputation of being filled with hmmmmmbags
Sure I can do that. But just for the record, you asked to see my photo so I posted it. I said now your turn, and you posted something inappropriate, and after I made a comment about it, now you seem to want to play the role of the victim.

Look thru my threads and you will find a few,
That pic was straight from tsn sportcenter ,
Tom Brady is the only other name my wife is allowed to call me

The 30 commander has to be the front runner as of now. I’m worried about going with older ones because I dont want to run into too many repairs with unavailable parts. The newer one’s just so much nicer inside which will be an easy sell to the boss. All these worries about the running gear has me thinking about outboards again LoL.
But the price of the 92 commander is tempting, so tempting I might just go check it out. Too much to think about, I need a break

A good friend has a 37 foot Riviera, he loves it. While he can run anywhere and does fish it, it's primarily a dock to dock party barge. If he wants to get up and go at 21 knots, it's 30 gallons per hour. Everything in the boat is AC - heat, cooking, refrigeration. When he is on the hook he can barely get through the night without the generator. It's a get to the next dock and plug in kind of boat.

It's very comfortable and very capable, but for me it's kind of useless for what I consider a west coast boat.

Shafts are definitely less maintenance, but they're also less performance, unless you put a ton of power through them. Obviously if we're talking about slow boats - trawlers, they are the only way to go. Talked to a guy the other day with an Oceansport 33. He runs twin D-4 300's through DPH drives. Said he burns 21 GPH at 30 knots, runs from Sidney to Bull harbor non stop.

Drives are voodoo magic, some run for years problem free, and others eat themselves every season.

Full disclosure. On the first service after buying my boat I found a crack in the lower unit of one drive. Replaced it with a new drive and rebuilt that one, which is now my spare. Other than one clutch, I have put almost 400 hours on the drives since then, without issue.

A good friend has a 37 foot Riviera, he loves it. While he can run anywhere and does fish it, it's primarily a dock to dock party barge. If he wants to get up and go at 21 knots, it's 30 gallons per hour. Everything in the boat is AC - heat, cooking, refrigeration. When he is on the hook he can barely get through the night without the generator. It's a get to the next dock and plug in kind of boat.

It's very comfortable and very capable, but for me it's kind of useless for what I consider a west coast boat.

Shafts are definitely less maintenance, but they're also less performance, unless you put a ton of power through them. Obviously if we're talking about slow boats - trawlers, they are the only way to go. Talked to a guy the other day with an Oceansport 33. He runs twin D-4 300's through DPH drives. Said he burns 21 GPH at 30 knots, runs from Sidney to Bull harbor non stop.

Drives are voodoo magic, some run for years problem free, and others eat themselves every season.

Full disclosure. On the first service after buying my boat I found a crack in the lower unit of one drive. Replaced it with a new drive and rebuilt that one, which is now my spare. Other than one clutch, I have put almost 400 hours on the drives since then, without issue.
I have gone almost 700 hours on my drives with no issues. Change drive oil every year.
I might have to do cone clutches soon but so far they still shift fine.

I’ve been looking for a 30’ Marlin or 285 Pursuit for 2 years. I’ve looked at 1000’s of boats on line in this size. Thousands. My budget is $200K CAD too. It’s harder than you think to buy pristine boats with newer power. And when they come up, you have to move quick. Here’s one that I thinks good value. It’ll need repower but I think it’s a solid looking boat.

Have you put a wanted ad up? 200k including taxes and trailer, with 2015 and up engines kind of thing? Have you made an offers in the last few months? It looks like things are sitting and dropping a bit. I figure anyone who shows up with your or Sttr’s budget should find eager sellers willing to move on price.

Better power on this Riv I think? 740hp is reasonable? Shipping from Cali shouldn’t be too expensive and I think we could even rent a trailer from the place in Seattle that I bought my boat at, that your new truck could almost pull or we could find a dually to borrow. I could be the pilot truck with my camper and we can do a quick offshore trip! https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/1999-riviera-34-8159528/

I like that boat house kept commander, just wish it had shafts and basics like autopilot and solar or generator at that price. That is a sweet dingy, my brother can get on plane and he is over 200 on his.

Good luck with your search. I’m off to swap laundry around. Son puked twice so lots of time to browse boats between the moments of chaos. Buy the best boat you can comfortably afford, if/once you have kids you won't have time to fix it up or the money!

Back