300k boat for 200k

I’m always dreaming about big aluminum boats also. One thing I’ve found though is most 25 to 28 footers actually offer the same if not less sleeping space then my 2359. Way more deck space though. Fir me the overnight amenities are just as important as the back deck. I’d love to have one custom built but not in the budget

I’m always dreaming about big aluminum boats also. One thing I’ve found though is most 25 to 28 footers actually offer the same if not less sleeping space then my 2359. Way more deck space though. Fir me the overnight amenities are just as important as the back deck. I’d love to have one custom built but not in the budget
I completely agree, I have a Weldcraft and have almost ruled out the larger 28’-30’ foot version of my boat because of the sleeping arrangements. Want to get a bigger boat in the next 5 years and the glass boats in 30’ size have much nicer sleeping areas up front and usually a shower. That said I love aluminum and the Makaira Gen 3 1000 has peaked my interest,(still trailerable) Wonder how much it costs?

I’m sure a 28 foot boat rides more comfortable than a 23
Oh ya, she’s a nice boat for sure, just knit picking, I’d be very tempted to drop your jet boat off and drive away with that 28’ footer.
Wonder what they’d give you on trade in, $80k?

Oh ya, she’s a nice boat for sure, just knit picking, I’d be very tempted to drop your jet boat off and drive away with that 28’ footer.
Wonder what they’d give you on trade in, $80k?
Something like that,
I’m heading down there right now to check her out. The only thing is 800hours, but it’s a 2019 and I can’t see myself putting over 500 hours on the mains over the next few years.
Might be perfect for me

WOW, for a 2019 the guy sure beat the crap out of this boat. The good…. Lifetime transferable warranty, motors on warranty for another year, 3/4 of the 800 hours were done trolling as per print out from the dealer.
The interior doesn’t look bad.
The bad… I don’t think this guy ever rinsed the boat, the outside looks way worse than my 2015. Looks like it needs 10K for a paint job.2BCC34F7-0D5A-4953-8E3A-D158B9BF7AE9.jpeg
94880BE2-4E2A-41CC-A327-797DB39ED449.jpeg
9FE155E9-3F55-4CF0-9A94-F729DBFD750D.jpeg

WOW, for a 2019 the guy sure beat the crap out of this boat. The good…. Lifetime transferable warranty, motors on warranty for another year, 3/4 of the 800 hours were done trolling as per print out from the dealer.
The bad… I don’t think this guy ever rinsed the boat, the outside looks way worse than my 2015. Looks like it needs 10K for a paint job.View attachment 90834
View attachment 90835
View attachment 90836
If each of the mains has 600 hrs trolling I wonder what the kicker's for?

Something like that,
I’m heading down there right now to check her out. The only thing is 800hours, but it’s a 2019 and I can’t see myself putting over 500 hours on the mains over the next few years.
Might be perfect for me
500 hrs isn’t that much I’m sure that’s a pretty sweet boat

So besides being a sucker for a black Chevy,
I’m also a sucker for a black thunder jet.
I’m getting my thunder jet ready to go back to the dealer for some minor repairs I just don’t have time for 😭.
I know some guys say thunder jets are garbage but it’s the same guys that bash almost every boat.
I did however hear lots of good things about the thunder jet 28 pilot, mostly that it performs pretty well in the chop.
Anyone know how these ride?
So tempting to drop my thunder jet off and drive out with this one.
I know I’m all over the place with what kind of boat I want… I want them all 🤣
View attachment 90830
Pull the trigger!!!
I think there’s a chemical treatment to restore the aluminum? Then get it wrapped.

The bad… I don’t think this guy ever rinsed the boat, the outside looks way worse than my 2015. Looks like it needs 10K for a paint job.View attachment 90834
View attachment 90835
View attachment 90836
I could own a boat for a lifetime it would never look that bad.

I wouldn’t even worry about painting it. Spray it down with stripper, power wash the paint off. Do a chemical polish on the bare aluminum and done.

Back