300k boat for 200k

100 percent agree, should change the thread to 200K boat for 200

I really looked hard into a brand new boat,
The only thing remotely close enough to my needs and price range is a 24 Cutwater at 225K all in after taxes.
I know a guy that has one, he carries a “Swiss Army knife” in every pocket and every drawer.
His advice was don’t buy a new one because you either be going to PA for warranty work for the first couple years, or replacing everything yourself. After he mentioned buying a sea keeper for that 24 🤣 I knew that wasn’t the boat for me. It’s also small, skinny, good for you and the wife, but that’s it. But at the end of the day he’s on the water all the time and seems happy with it. Even Took it off shore factory equipped.

Interesting comment about the seakeeper. The commander with a 12 foot beam is very stable. It hardly moves when you step onto it and when at anchor and a boat goes by it hardly rocks.

30 foot commander all set up for fishing is what you want. It’s the best set up. It’s a fast moving floating cabin. Nice fishy back deck, above water cabin and sleeping quarters all on one level. Can be fished pretty good with 2 people. Tons of storage. I think you’d want moorage not something you want to be trailered around to often. The only real concern would be the relatability of the drives, which is a real concern. I personally wouldn’t want to go any bigger then a 30 commanders, they start to become pretty hard to fish without a crew in my opinion.

30 foot commander all set up for fishing is what you want. It’s the best set up. It’s a fast moving floating cabin. Nice fishy back deck, above water cabin and sleeping quarters all on one level. Can be fished pretty good with 2 people. Tons of storage. I think you’d want moorage not something you want to be trailered around to often. The only real concern would be the relatability of the drives, which is a real concern. I personally wouldn’t want to go any bigger then a 30 commanders, they start to become pretty hard to fish without a crew in my opinion.
They can be fished REALLY well with just one guy as well ;). You just need radar to see the boats in front of you lol

I missed that, yes you need an inside helm.

Better link twin diesel, newer checks a lot of boxes and not far away

2000 Norstar 302 flybridge​

$115,000 USD

I’ve had a 26 Commander and now have a 30 Commander and wouldn’t trade it for anything. Great for fishing/crabbing/prawning and the comfort and range is amazing. Easy to use with 1 or 6. Very versatile and buddies I know with Cutwaters are mostly having buyer’s remorse.

Oh if only the 30 commander was towable,
Maybe a little smaller, and outboards instead.
Would be my perfect boat…

I had a bit of thinking time cleaning the shop 🤣 and decided getting a mothership is probably not the best thing to jump into right away. I should probably rent one out for a week and see how I like it
Let’s take the mothership out of the equation officially.

I had a bit of thinking time cleaning the shop 🤣 and decided getting a mothership is probably not the best thing to jump into right away. I should probably rent one out for a week and see how I like it
Let’s take the mothership out of the equation officially.
There's a company in Washington that does trawler rentals. I've seriously considered doing it just to try it. Haven't looked into the fine details or reached out at this time.

If it's easily towable it's too narrow. The almost 12 foot beam is one of the things that really sets the Commander 30 apart, it's got to be the biggest - roomiest 30 footer out there. I was always disappointed in many of the custom welded aluminum boat out there that are up to 38 feet long, but still less than 12 feet wide, makes no sense to me. You're going to have to pick a lane.

There's a company in Washington that does trawler rentals. I've seriously considered doing it just to try it. Haven't looked into the fine details or reached out at this time.

Cooper and Desolation do bareboat charters in Canada, my friend uses Cooper. These guys in the US seem to have one of the best inventory of smaller cruisers that can plane http://www.anacortesyachtcharters.c...erFleet&ROW=1&OrderBy=BoatSize&BoatType=power

What’s the magic number ? 10’6” ?
Anything under is a hundred bucks a year more on insurance and you need red flags on the side… I been told

Back