2024 Ucluelet Reports

Not like last year but decent. A little of a mixed bag for me. Some 10-12 and some 19-22. Today seems better than yesterday. Caught a nice 18 right inside little beach last night. Some still on the g’s but mostly on bait. Netting solo is proving to be difficult, lost a couple beauties!! 😫
Do you make sure the fish are tired and even roll on their side before trying to net? I also have a very extra light net when I go solo instead of my regular net, those 2 combined upped my success rate a bunch

Not like last year but decent. A little of a mixed bag for me. Some 10-12 and some 19-22. Today seems better than yesterday. Caught a nice 18 right inside little beach last night. Some still on the g’s but mostly on bait. Netting solo is proving to be difficult, lost a couple beauties!! 😫
I run a gaff solo. Works good when they are toast

Do you make sure the fish are tired and even roll on their side before trying to net? I also have a very extra light net when I go solo instead of my regular net, those 2 combined upped my success rate a bunch
Yes I tire them out but I am using a big ol net. Good idea with the light weight net. I might have one I could try. Thx

Yes, you will be hard pressed to find a legal dungey in the harbour at this time of year it seems. Though I still try. Just a few red rocks every time.

Yes, you will be hard pressed to find a legal dungey in the harbour at this time of year it seems. Though I still try. Just a few red rocks every time.
Thinking of fishing big bank but was curious to know if there were just coho and halibut out there? Or the odd Chinook too? Haven’t had to go to the la perouse in a couple of years.

The odd spring at outside south? Or southwest corner still after all the rain?

First few days in the sound and along the shoreline have been an unusual struggle for august for us.

Thinking of fishing big bank but was curious to know if there were just coho and halibut out there? Or the odd Chinook too? Haven’t had to go to the la perouse in a couple of years.

The odd spring at outside south? Or southwest corner still after all the rain?

First few days in the sound and along the shoreline have been an unusual struggle for august for us.
I haven’t been myself but I heard the storey yesterday of great fishing for both. More coho than springs but the springs they caught were gooders.

I was out at BIG bank a couple of years ago. Got limits for 4 guys on Chinook, Coho and Hali within a few hrs. The problem was trying to get the gear down far enough to get Chinook. 95% of the time a Coho would grab it on the way down. We'd have to drop the gear in deeper water outside the kill zone then troll back in to the shallower shelf.

Went trolling out front by Red Can, lighthouse to Little Beach for 1.5 hrs. 7 other boats. Not even a bite for us. Never saw anyone else hook up. I'll try Wya tomorrow.

Back