2024 Ucluelet Reports

I see the Ukee campground has a launch, do they have a moorage too? If not are you leaving your boat at the marina?
Maybe you’re thinking of island west resort. They have a launch, marina and campground….

How's everyone making out? My partner is out there right now enjoying some really solid fishing. I'm heading out tomorrow to join him for the week.

Looking forward to getting in on the action. Will report back after a day or 2.

How's everyone making out? My partner is out there right now enjoying some really solid fishing. I'm heading out tomorrow to join him for the week.

Looking forward to getting in on the action. Will report back after a day or 2.
We got here yesterday with my wife and daughter, snuck in an afternoon fish in the fog, bonked 3 springs by big beach and released a hand full of wild ho’s. Cleaning tables are packed with fish, guys going a few miles out are doing very well

Attachments

• IMG_1912.jpeg
    IMG_1912.jpeg
    328.9 KB · Views: 88
Was there from the 6-10. Staying at Barkley sound lodge. Fished salmon at red can, Mara and cree. Ended up fishing mostly at Mara as there was always fish there. Coho showed up the last 2 days and we limited on those as well. Lots of nice hatch coho on the outside and even bonked a few good one on the inside. 6 hali landed on amphatrite bank. Heard the long liners had set some gear in there a few days previous and cleaned it out. Bunch of vermillion and black bombers. No legal ling. Average spring was probably 17 lbs. couple bigger. Couple smaller. At least the fishing was good cause that lodge is somewhere I’d never go back to.

Headed home after 5 days. Ukee is hopping. Today was the best weather for a small boat, so I went to Long Beach. Only needed one but played a bunch before keeping a 15lb.
Couldn't find a halibut near there, but got into one right away back at LH bank, had to release the bigger one when she hit right after I bonked the first.
Game changer for tenters- Empty 1liter Powerade bottle.

Headed home after 5 days. Ukee is hopping. Today was the best weather for a small boat, so I went to Long Beach. Only needed one but played a bunch before keeping a 15lb.
Couldn't find a halibut near there, but got into one right away back at LH bank, had to release the bigger one when she hit right after I bonked the first.
Game changer for tenters- Empty 1liter Powerade bottle.
Glad to hear you had some good action, even with that wind

Any recent reports on closer spots? Great Bear, Mara, Little Beach, Wya, Florencia etc? Hoping to do a couple hrs later today.

Went out for a couple hrs at 4pm yesterday. Tried Beg, no bites. Stopped to jig a few black rock fish so I wouldn't go home skunked. Then moved over to the East side of Red Can. Lost 2 coho trying to check if they were hachery before netting them. Haha so crazy how much the jump. While I was resetting another one was attacking my swivel bead on the surface. Prob head to the light house banks for the weekend. Heard from guys at the dock that Wya and Flow are slow too.

Wya is definitely not slow. We’ve done really well there and pulled some great fish as well as thrown back lots in the teens.

Afternoons there have been some of the best fishing we had this week and the best part is everyone is gone by 3pm.

I wouldn’t write it off without checking it out.

Wya is definitely not slow. We’ve done really well there and pulled some great fish as well as thrown back lots in the teens.

Afternoons there have been some of the best fishing we had this week and the best part is everyone is gone by 3pm.

I wouldn’t write it off without checking it out.
Great update. I'll make it the first stop on the weekend.

Good to hear wya is finally turning on. Heading there for the week. Should be dragging balls by the aftenoon. Thx for the updates.

Just finished a week in Ucluelet. Early in the week was a little slow. A little fog and wind kept it interesting. Monday, did the lighthouse area. A few hits. Tuesday, a number of boats south of the red can, but most of the fish were small. Released a high teen late afternoon at the lighthouse. Wednesday, a few hits at the lighthouse area. The wind picked up so headed to Food/ Chrow area. Wind was getting worse, so was trying to troll towards the sheltered area behind Chrow. On the way, miss a good hit, circled around and picked up a teen spring. Trolled the shallows behind Chrow and picked up 2 coho. Thursday, headed back to Food/ Chrow area and nothing. Trolled over behind Chrow between Great Bear and Alley. 2 teen springs and 2 bigger coho. Friday, back to the same spot and a low 20s in about an hour. All fish caught on green splatter back. The extra long( 7 inches) worked better than the regular size. Downrigger depth 30 - 50 feet inside. Lighthouse area was 70 - 100 feet. Almost all fish stuffed with 2" -3" small bait.

How’s the bite up around Wya ?
Not like last year but decent. A little of a mixed bag for me. Some 10-12 and some 19-22. Today seems better than yesterday. Caught a nice 18 right inside little beach last night. Some still on the g’s but mostly on bait. Netting solo is proving to be difficult, lost a couple beauties!! 😫

Back