2024 Tuna Adventures

We are headed to winter harbour sept 10 through 16th, in hopes of a couple tuna shots. Three of us boats will be buddied up, the more the merrier if anyone wants to join us.

Form the windy forecast, it looks like we are targeting Saturday for our run out of Bamfield. It sounds like @Flywheel is thinking about heading out on Friday now. We are still looking for buddy boats. @WestCoastRyan and @seadna, are you still planning on heading out?
Anyone interested in buddying up can contact me at 250 701-5232

Wow... What can I say. Tuesday was epic. (As was Wednesday based on reports).
Caught them 40 ish out and were surprised to see large numbers as close as 30 on the way back.
Hope this holds to the end of August as I must do another tuna trip.
Loudoun Canyon area?

We had a good day yesterday.

We ran from Nootka and headed South. It was 30 mph all the way out and back so that helped as we went 70 miles.

Started out slow finding the odd one when we would see jumpers and stop.

The water temperature never got above 56 degrees so I was concerned.

We hit a couple good stops and by noon had 20 Tuna.

That was all the boys wanted so we headed home.

The water temp is moving out compared to a few days ago.

A buddy of mine caught 20 Tuna the day before in 50 degree water that was still on the green side.

Good luck boys.

Mike

Went out tuna fishing for the first time on Saturday. Left Bamfield around 230 and had lines down at Loudoun Canyon a little after sunrise about 52 miles from Bamfield. Recboats seemed to bring in between 20-60 fish on the day. Great early bite that tailed off for us. Lots of wildlife including humpbacks, two pods of orcas, blue sharks, dolphins and a sea turtle.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for intel sharing and advise. Special thanks to captain and crew of Minke for coordinating buddy boats, leading the seam off shore and checking in to make sure everyone made it back safely. Can’t wait to get out again.

Attachments

• IMG_9338.jpeg
    IMG_9338.jpeg
    258.4 KB · Views: 133
Went out tuna fishing for the first time on Saturday. Left Bamfield around 230 and had lines down at Loudoun Canyon a little after sunrise about 52 miles from Bamfield. Recboats seemed to bring in between 20-60 fish on the day. Great early bite that tailed off for us. Lots of wildlife including humpbacks, two pods of orcas, blue sharks, dolphins and a sea turtle.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for intel sharing and advise. Special thanks to captain and crew of Minke for coordinating buddy boats, leading the seam off shore and checking in to make sure everyone made it back safely. Can’t wait to get out again.
Great pic, bloody sunrise!

Do you guys have a problem with blue sharks out there with all the blood going in the water ?

With all the blood in the water do you guys have a problem with blue sharks eating the tuna when hooked?
it acts like chum for baitfish that the tuna will feed on. dump your bleed bucket and circle around

Back