2024 Tuna Adventures

Only 35 miles out At Clayoquot canyon
Dam that's pretty close.
I'm in Bamfield again from August 9th -13th for salmon and bottom fish but will be bringing the tuna gear with me. Assuming there is a weather window on either the 10th, 11th, or 12th, I might venture offshore. If anyone out of Bamfield, Tofino, or Ukie is looking to head out, PM me and we can buddy boat out.
Keep me up to date on the weather, and your plans. There is a chance I could go from Ukee.

Heading out of WH this weekend (weather dependant) Terrafins showing good water at 12-17 miles out. If anyone is around and wants to buddy up, pm me. I'll be checking my phone at nights when we get back into reception.

I was looking at BD's earlier in the Washington reports and found these two useful free tools that someone had posted of links to SST Nighttime and Chloro. I adjusted the #'s a bit to get a decent view of the WCVI.

How'd it go?
Not well. Searched esperenza canyon area. Got to 60.7, couldn’t get into the warmer stuff. Birds, humpbacks everywhere but no love on the tuna. Shoulda gone south. There will be more days. Gonna let this next blow and swell move through and try again. Water was amazing.

Heading out of Bamfield Aug 16th if any other boats/crews are interested. Forecast currently looks good with blue water and temp around the 36nm mark as per ripcharts data.

I'm in Bamfield again from August 9th -13th for salmon and bottom fish but will be bringing the tuna gear with me. Assuming there is a weather window on either the 10th, 11th, or 12th, I might venture offshore. If anyone out of Bamfield, Tofino, or Ukie is looking to head out, PM me and we can buddy boat out.
boats have been going out, 52 miles from beale. barkley canyon. ok size and decent schools from what i have heard. this work thing sucks!! i hope the warm water sticks around.

We are planning to head out of Bamfield on the 17th or 18th and would love to travel with a buddy boat. Is anyone heading out on those days?

We are planning to head out of Bamfield on the 17th or 18th and would love to travel with a buddy boat. Is anyone heading out on those days?

Hey Fish Brain - my crew and I are also looking at the 17th or 18th and plan to go with whatever day has the best conditions. We plan to leave from Bamfield as well. Would love to join with some buddy boats.

We are also planning on 16/17/18th. Roe Time boat 26ft seasport. Will be at gov dock the night of 15th. Can chat and buddy up. Offshorefishing@shaw.ca Cheers.
Thank you. My boat captain is having second thoughts about heading out for tuna. I will let you know if he changes his mind. @Flywheel is also looking for a buddy boat, hopefully you guys can team up even if we don't go.

Heading out of Ukee tomorrow myself. Know some people are heading out today, so should have some fresh intel. If anyone wants to buddy up for tomorrow hit me up.
Ryan

Back