2024 Tuna Adventures

Exciting to hear it’s going off on the north island . I’m off to fish the tres Maria’s with the Osuna brothers this weekend on the no tuna no chinga , then looking like I will be chasing albies out of winter harbour come Labour Day weekend !

Exciting to hear it’s going off on the north island . I’m off to fish the tres Maria’s with the Osuna brothers this weekend on the no tuna no chinga , then looking like I will be chasing albies out of winter harbour come Labour Day weekend !
Have a great trip. Hope you get your Cow! If anyone can find them it’s those guys

Ashley and his crew left yesterday morning at 0600 and headed 45 miles from Nootka Light.

The water turned blue, the tuna were jumping and it’s time to fish.

It took a while to get more than two rigs in the water as there was always fish on. 50 Tuna later it’s back to the dock by noon.

Congratulations boys, you can say you’re the first one to get them this year.

IMG_0684.png

Is that with Curtis and Owen?
I saw there's some Cow's around.

Super exciting to see excellent tuna reports already coming in. Family and I have never partaken before but we finally decided it was time to experience it ourselves. We will be in winter harbour august 30 through September 3 and as long as weather cooperates, tuna will be the focus. Done lots of research and talked with some of the locals and all prepped with gear, Plans for ice, safety, etc. If anyone else is going to be up there over those dates feel free to reach out to me and we can coordinate the whole buddy boat system. We’d love to partner up with another boat especially being our first time. Good luck all!

Back