2024 Tuna Adventures

ed up ditching the hand lines, ran 4 rods, unfortunately broke one off on a quad hit as the braid pinched off in the arbor - that was a bummer.

As in pinched inside the spool or in the levelwind? Very few use a levelwind for trolling as many newbies get their fingers stuck and things get ugly. Most level winds don’t hold up to trolling

When it’s that good, try casting swimbaits or dropping flatfall jigs. It’s a whole ‘nother level of fun.

With your boys past experience what's the odds they will still be around last week of Sept ? Work n life made it so that's the only week available . Headed to bamfield on the 26th.

With your boys past experience what's the odds they will still be around last week of Sept ? Work n life made it so that's the only week available . Headed to bamfield on the 26th.
I’ve only had mediocre trips that late due to the warm water moving way out and south. Having less boats to network with doesn’t help either

Looks like I will be fishing out of winter for 4 days come sept 7 . Trying out a new sat system in “ satfish “ it looks good until I realized it doesn’t show up off winter harbour ! Does anyone use any other sat imagery other than terrafin or satfish?

Thanks for reaching out. Our coverage extends up to the 51 degree line just north of Vancouver Island and covers the Winter Harbour area. Are you looking for coverage even farther north?
Let us know. Thank you. This is what Satfish told me when contacted them.Was thinking of switching next year lets us know how you may out. ( Contact them)

Last edited:
Looks like I will be fishing out of winter for 4 days come sept 7 . Trying out a new sat system in “ satfish “ it looks good until I realized it doesn’t show up off winter harbour ! Does anyone use any other sat imagery other than terrafin or satfish?
Message them. I told them I was going up for The Race during the Covid crap and he was going to hook me up. Ended up not being able to cross the border, so I didn’t pursue it with SATFish

I’ve only had mediocre trips that late due to the warm water moving way out and south. Having less boats to network with doesn’t help either
With the way this years been I'll take mediocre over nothing . Here's to hoping warm water sticks around . Thanks for the heads up

Back