Well I missed opening day as work got in the way. So Aug 2 it is! Beauty day 12 for 15 on springs. 1 for 1 on hatchery coho by catch 7lbs. Kept a beauty red Chinook 12 lbs. Was 1 for 2 on monster hits. Freight train. Biggest was pushing 30, so I will say 25 plus. 2nd biggest landed this year. Most were between 12-18 lbs today.

2 awesome days on the 2 and 3rd of August, With a group from edmonton 8 years they been coming with me now.
Day 1 biggest was just a tad over 16 lbs.
Today a tank at over 19 and right on the mark at 80 cm VERY fat short. Water was a bit nasty this am going out but we manged to get it done. All depths from 37 to 75 usual seems the tide change is the best .FYI
AP spoon was on again same one. and anchovie.
day 1
1722721155891.png
day 2
1722721178293.png

We can't thank Roy enough for two great days of fishing. We have been salmon fishing for many years, but I have never stayed in Sooke. From my time as a forum member I said if I ever fished out of Sooke it would be with Bluewolf Charters. Roy was so willing to answer all my questions. I view a charter as a learning experience for even the most experienced anglers. My daughter (left) and family were visiting from Switzerland and they had the time of their lives. We have fished Renrew every year for the past 12 years and we thoroughly enjoyed the great fishing and hospitality we had on our first visit to Sooke. Roy, can't wait to charter with you again in the future.
It was a true pleasure Greg lots of laughs and good times for sure and you got to experience the area. And calmer waters!!! thanks for fishing with me... until next time tight lines TIP up.
And FYI guys he brought the coffee grinder rod and reel combo and they ran the one side and beat me at fishing!!!!! So yes it can happen !!! LOL

We rode the struggle bus in Sooke today. Not the start we expected after reading the reports.
Fished the Trap and Possession from 5:45 till 1:30. Kept one 10lber, missed 3 pin poppers, released 30+ juvenile Chinook, and dodged a huge amount of weed.
Saw quite a few fish caught, and saw one around 30lbs released.
I didn't enjoy playing bumper boats down here after having the whole ocean to myself in Ukee.
I echo what Wolf said earlier, I wish some weekend warriors would learn the right rod to shore rule.

It's been this way every long weekend for 30 plus years. It won't change. Just fish weekday and head west.

Seriously long weekend on first week of retention and you think your going to get every boat following that in East Sooke?

Good luck with that.

Not to mention all the boats without radar and digital compass spinning in circles in fog.

It's hilarious watching boats on my radar screen spinning off the harbour entrance and around possession.

It's been this way every long weekend for 30 plus years. It won't change
not true the old boys would yell and throw weight at any idiots they are long gone 20 years ago was NEVER a problem last 5 years very bad entited people out there with no respest OR long time guide who thinks hes above everyone

The second picture looks like the same guys parking their boat trailers at the ramp.

It's everywhere. Add people who live on phones you got recipe for disaster.

I tell you that it's great to write articles and pictures, but I have seen these rules constantly being broken in places like Barkley Sound. I see certain guides and non guides breaking it frequently. Some are even on this forum.

Nanaimo is another area absolutely brutal. Guys there seem more in to posting videos on Facebook forums then fishing. We don't to see live videos ffs 🙄.

Anyway I hope to be out to the old stomping grounds in a few weeks. Looking forward too it.

Anyways enough back to reports.....

not true the old boys would yell and throw weight at any idiots they are long gone 20 years ago was NEVER a problem last 5 years very bad entited people out there with no respest OR long time guide who thinks hes above everyone

You get way to worked up my friend..... Happy Birthday BTW... 🎂 🥳

It's been this way every long weekend for 30 plus years. It won't change. Just fish weekday and head west.

Seriously long weekend on first week of retention and you think your going to get every boat following that in East Sooke?

Good luck with that.

Not to mention all the boats without radar and digital compass spinning in circles in fog.

It's hilarious watching boats on my radar screen spinning off the harbour entrance and around possession.
Quote "Just fish weekday and head west" Yes I agree 100%. Three solid springs in the boat by 9:15 this am..........out west. Sooke is awesome, but I could do without the fog

5:15 launched at Cheanuh went straight out Aldridge and and put out one line and headed toward Beechy. The second it was down before I had a chance on get tension on the line wham! it pops off. 78cm chinook. Then nothing for 3 hours until we picked up a beauty 80cm fatty. One more long line release and a few shakers before wrapping up at 1pm. One side coho killer at 55 feet the other anchovies with bloody nose at 70 feet. The chovie got the 80 and the coho killer got the 78. One fat dungee and 1 red rock. Eating well tonight.

Need a few of these I don’t know where or when I bought them any ideas? Here’s a pic of the front side and the back

Attachments

• IMG_4285.jpeg
    IMG_4285.jpeg
    334.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4286.jpeg
    IMG_4286.jpeg
    304.8 KB · Views: 100
Back