Status
Not open for further replies.
Took advantage of excellent conditions on Sunday Dec. 10th. Fished just north of the US/BC boundary off Victoria. Released a few small chinook and a couple sub legal fish. Kept 4 fish between 4-6lbs. Others had better success on larger fish but overall a great day with decent action. All fish harvested were caught on coho killer spoons fishing the bottom. Hope others are also finding time to get out.

Attachments

• IMG_3960.jpeg
    IMG_3960.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 105
Took advantage of excellent conditions on Sunday Dec. 10th. Fished just north of the US/BC boundary off Victoria. Released a few small chinook and a couple sub legal fish. Kept 4 fish between 4-6lbs. Others had better success on larger fish but overall a great day with decent action. All fish harvested were caught on coho killer spoons fishing the bottom. Hope others are also finding time to get out.

We tried three prawn traps today off Parry Bay, and we tried trolling off Albert Head in the morning. Caught two springs off Albert Head up to 8 pounds, and released several small springs. Lots of bait showing on the sounder. The prawn trap results though, were (another) disaster – less than 10 prawns. This has been happening ever since the sewage outlets were turned off.

We tried three prawn traps today off Parry Bay, and we tried trolling off Albert Head in the morning. Caught two springs off Albert Head up to 8 pounds, and released several small springs. Lots of bait showing on the sounder. The prawn trap results though, were (another) disaster – less than 10 prawns. This has been happening ever since the sewage outlets were turned off.
They are not turned off but the effluent is cleaner now.

I’ve also noticed the prawns have disappeared off the Victoria waterfront the past couple years. I thought it was the commercial boats raping the resource again..

They are not turned off but the effluent is cleaner now.
$800,000,000.00 cleaner. 🙄
Possibly more prawns where the runoff from Hartland spills. 🙈

Two hours of the Harbour mouth this Boxing Day afternoon. A few other boats out. Trolled from Macauley Pt. to Brotchie ledge and back. Only caught two small feeders of about 20". Not much around from what I could see.

Might need to dip the toes today to get’er off the bunks. Buy a launch, get a cord of
wood free.

Hope the Esquimalt Anglers survived the king tides and surge with the recent weather. It is not cheap to maintain a float like that. I still think it is a bargain for an annual pass and appreciate all the work they do to help a guy like me get out there and have some fun. All the best, guys, girls and kids on the water in 2024.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back