I know, I just like Oak Bay being out among the islands and meeting all the nice people that paddle board up to me.;) Seriously I had a fellow paddle up to me out by the gap. He was alone, just wearing regular street cloths and a backpack. No visible sign of a PFD. Guess he'll be a running shoe on the beach one day.
Tried a fish where I used to fish 30 years ago as a kid, fiddle reef, 2 hrs released 4 and tons of bait, brought back memories.

Hit the water about 8:45, dropped the crab trap, started to fish shortly there after in front of Macaulay, green can and the breakwater, in about 120’-150’. Pretty rough considering it wasn’t supposed to be. Pretty quiet, didn’t see any nets or flashers with about a dozen boats out In the area. I had one hit, one in the boat at about 55-60cm. 127’ on herring aid spoon. Other side had no bananas spoon, with no luck.

8 crabs in the trap, all males, but only 1 large keeper.

Last edited:
Butt Juice is an attractant you put on your lure. that is a brand name, there are many scents you can use. It is more about looking at charts and reading the bottom. Look for pinnacles, there are many around the islands east of Discovery can be quite productive. stay away form RCA,s and the shipping lanes. Also you do not want the current to be too strong, 1.5kn at the most.

Nice flat water at Cattle Point but the high tides sure made a mess

Attachments

• 2DA684EF-36BA-4032-93F8-78D870F01E81.jpeg
    2DA684EF-36BA-4032-93F8-78D870F01E81.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 117
  • 43F93F18-0EC9-4B3B-9106-3DBB2A146FA0.jpeg
    43F93F18-0EC9-4B3B-9106-3DBB2A146FA0.jpeg
    173.9 KB · Views: 114
Took the whole family out mid day. Almost immediately a Little guy popped the rigger bouncing bottom off Albert Head. Grandpa reeled it in and I managed to net it even with the awning up. First fish in the boat with our 7 month old! Only one shaker. Buddies Trap puller conked out so 140 feet of traps pulled by hand only 2 keepers. Dinner for 6. Might need to go get snipped the boat was pretty full and although we fed everyone it might not when the kids get a little bigger.

It has been awhile since my last confession.....i am still addicted to fishing.

So i havent posted reports in a long time, but yesterday i tried oak bay. 3 small ones about 2-3 lbs each all on green and yellow skinny g. Prior weeks off harbour/flagpole/clover, the blue, white, and yellow hootchie on a 24” leader was the only one getting all the hits. All on or near bottom.

Back