Ingenious BBQ man ! could you please post some picks of the guts!
Hey sorry for the late reply. I'll make up a "how to build" post soon. If you are in Victoria and want to build one PM me and I can walk you through it. I had bought a regular boat bbq but found they were far too big for what I needed. The design of it allows me to store it all in a small space and grill enough lunch for 2 - 4 people while STILL fishing. it stays out of the way so i can keep on trolling while grilling.

Hey sorry for the late reply. I'll make up a "how to build" post soon. If you are in Victoria and want to build one PM me and I can walk you through it. I had bought a regular boat bbq but found they were far too big for what I needed. The design of it allows me to store it all in a small space and grill enough lunch for 2 - 4 people while STILL fishing. it stays out of the way so i can keep on trolling while grilling.
No worries ! looking forward to the post ! best regards

Finally!!!

My sixth time out this year chasing Hali and it finally all came together!! Landed two over 90cm and lost another that put up a decent battle! Herring was the magic ticket today.

DFO checked us on the way out making sure we had room on our license’s to catch fish!

Attachments

• CF6A9925-2759-4A44-B3F7-C89455F42809.jpeg
    CF6A9925-2759-4A44-B3F7-C89455F42809.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 143
Unforecasted sloppy conditions curtailed my plans to go outside and drop the prawn traps and try for hali. Tried mooching the gap for a short while but all I could catch were lingcod and cabezon. Crab traps were loaded but had to weed through a lot of soft shells to get 4 good one's.

Lots of wood floating around out there. Be carefull.

Finally!!!

My sixth time out this year chasing Hali and it finally all came together!! Landed two over 90cm and lost another that put up a decent battle! Herring was the magic ticket today.

DFO checked us on the way out making sure we had room on our license’s to catch fish!
That’s a great day right there!!! Congratulations

Got out in my new to me Boat (2015 Campion 542 with 150 & 9.9 Yamys ) off of Victoria today with high hopes. Launched at Fleming about 10:30 head to Clover point and dropped the lines. Was a bit choppy and windy but the boat handles that like a champ, fished that ledge 135ft with gear near the bottom to the breakwater and back a few times. Not a sniff, changed up gear but no love. Trolled back to esq side of the harbour and on the what was the last pass both rods went off but didn’t stick so we looped around gain and on this last pass I managed to land a 55cm male Chrome bullet spring With an empty stomach. First keeper and blood in the new boat and we wrapped up at 4. I brought crab bait but forgot the trap in the driveway… duh.

Attachments

• 2F9F9674-5B53-40B9-88F6-E02AA08F5291.jpeg
    2F9F9674-5B53-40B9-88F6-E02AA08F5291.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 8BB61736-550E-4FEA-A72D-6D1A829CA803.jpeg
    8BB61736-550E-4FEA-A72D-6D1A829CA803.jpeg
    358.8 KB · Views: 134
Got out in my new to me Boat (2015 Campion 542 with 150 & 9.9 Yamys ) off of Victoria today with high hopes. Launched at Fleming about 10:30 head to Clover point and dropped the lines. Was a bit choppy and windy but the boat handles that like a champ, fished that ledge 135ft with gear near the bottom to the breakwater and back a few times. Not a sniff, changed up gear but no love. Trolled back to esq side of the harbour and on the what was the last pass both rods went off but didn’t stick so we looped around gain and on this last pass I managed to land a 55cm male Chrome bullet spring With an empty stomach. First keeper and blood in the new boat and we wrapped up at 4. I brought crab bait but forgot the trap in the driveway… duh.
Congratulations on your beautiful new boat and glad your persistence paid off Happy Holidays to all fisher persons tight lines

Back